Clayt Cornell’s expertise includes accounting, financial reporting, assurance, taxation and business advisory services. As vice-president, Clayt acts as a key client contact and supervises a team of professionals providing financial statement preparation, assurance and taxation services to corporations, as well as personal tax and other services to shareholders.
Clayt started at Richter as a tax contractor in 2003, and then joined the firm’s Audit practice in 2004 where he accumulated extensive experience in accounting, financial reporting, audit and taxation.
Clayt has participated on numerous mandates, including audits for Canadian and U.S. public companies, assurance and tax mandates for medium and large private companies and not-for-profit organizations, and other consulting services for companies and their shareholders. Clayt has extensive experience in various industries including distribution and wholesaling, food, manufacturing, apparel, retail, pharmaceuticals and technology.
Clayt has also been involved in the audits of numerous not-for-profit organizations.
Fields of expertise
- Financial reporting
- Business advisory
- Not-for-profit sector
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2008
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University, 2007
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting, McGill University, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, McGill University, 2001
Professional and community involvement
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, member since 2008.