Michael Corber has been providing assurance services, as well as specialized consulting to both public and private companies for over 30 years in Quebec and Ontario. He has a diverse entrepreneurial client base with extensive experience in the manufacturing, distribution, real estate and retail sectors.
Michael is the market leader of the manufacturing and distribution sector. He is well-versed in cross-border transactions, enhancing manufacturing processes, obtaining new financing or refinancing existing assets, as well as acquisitions and divestitures. Michael takes an active role in advising management on key strategic decisions and assisting them where necessary through implementation. He also advises and assists many manager-owned businesses in the implementation of transitioning to the next generation. Michael and his team work hand in hand with entrepreneurs who are determined to succeed.
Michael strongly believes in giving back to his community. He provides advice to a number of Not-for-profit organizations and is the immediate past President of the Donald Berman Maimonides Geriatric Hospital Foundation and is the chairman of the Foundation’s investment committee. Michael is also on the audit committee of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Fields of expertise
- Cross border transactions
- Enhancing manufacturing processes
- Obtaining new financing or refinancing existing assets
- Real estate
- Non-profit organizations
Professional and community involvement
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario - Member since 2012
- Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation:
- Board member 2000 to 2010
- Audit committee member since 2010
- Donald Berman Maimonides Geriatric Hospital Foundation:
- Chairman of the Investment Committee since 2015
- President from 2013 to 2015
- First Vice President from 2011 to 2013
- Board member since 2004
- Queen’s Executive Program, 1997
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1987
- B.Com., McGill University, 1985
- Quoted in the article by Mike Cohen, “Bowling with the Stars will raise funds for Alzheimer Group,” The Suburban, September 2011.
- Quoted in the article by Veronica Redgrave, “Up on the roof at the Children's Hospital,” The Gazette, October 2004.
- Quoted in the article by Rochelle Lash, “They're having a ball: Montreal Children's fundraiser will honour staff, volunteers,” The Gazette, March 2000.