Howard Gross is the Practice Leader of Richter Consulting, with over 25 years of experience in a wide variety of engagements. He specializes in financial advisory, restructurings, crisis management, and forensic investigations.
Howard is a respected advisor to many leading lending institutions and members of the financial community in matters relating to formulating and assessing business plans and restructuring strategies.
Current Position and Responsibilities
In addition to leading Richter Consulting, Howard sits on Richter Advisory Group’s management operating committee and the firm’s Board of Directors.
Howard has extensive experience in advising lending syndicates and companies regarding distressed and underperforming situations and has developed a reputation for quickly identifying key issues and recommending meaningful strategic alternatives. Recognizing the importance of including all stakeholders in the decision process, he works towards gaining the support and addressing the needs of all parties involved.
He has recently led several engagements on behalf of large lender groups with exposure to service providers in numerous industries. These engagements have included in-depth assessments of liquidity, bankruptcy implications and alternatives, refinancing, and the formulation of exit strategies.
- Member of the Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association
- Advisor of the ACG Board of Directors
- Member of the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Business Valuators
- Member of the American Bankruptcy Institute
- B.Com., McGill University, 1984
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) 1987
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP)
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Prizes, Distinctions and Nominations
- Howard was recognized by Turnarounds & Workouts Magazine as one of the top 10 people to watch in 2012.
Howard has lectured at turnaround conferences and is often called upon to speak at executive training programs at major financial institutions on topics such as assessing management, forensic accounting, workout fundamentals and advanced cash-flow diagnostics.