Over the course of her career, Maude Lavoie had the opportunity to take part in external audit engagements for public and private companies operating in various sectors. More specifically, she has developed expertise in the real estate and securities sectors. Maude always stays abreast of the latest practices as well as accounting and assurance standards. She is involved in the application of IFRS standards to complex operations and has helped several clients during business acquisitions. She also has detailed knowledge of analytical software which allows her to be very efficient in her work.
Maude is appreciated by her clients for her commitment while carrying out her engagements and for her sustained efforts in answering client requests throughout the year.
Maude has been with Richter for nine years and is a senior manager in the Assurance division. She participated in various audit committee meetings where she presented audit plans and final results. Maude stands out due to her ability to manage and carry out complex mandates. This, combined with her ability to easily obtain her clients’ cooperation, allows her to quickly identify the issues and recommend practical solutions.
Over the past few years, Maude has played an active role in the firm’s recruitment and professional development initiatives.
Fields of expertise
- External audit
- Internal Audit
- Risk Assessment
- Review of processes and internal controls
- Substantive procedures execution
- Review of financial statement disclosures
- Real estate
- Securities sectors
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Graduate diploma in accounting – CA, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2008
- Bachelor of accounting, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2007
Professional and community involvement
- CrewM - Member of the Forum committee since 2015
- L’effet A - Participant in the second cohort 2015
- CrewM - Member - since 2013
- Quoted in an article by Anne Gaignaire, “Entrée massive des femmes dans le boys' club,” Les Affaires, December 2016.
- Quoted in an article by Anne Gaignaire, “Des stratégies pour donner un coup de pouce,” Les Affaires, December 2016.
- Trainer. ASPE and the Real Estate industry: Participant’s Manual. Professional Development Centre, 2013-2014 Program, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, 2013.