With over 20 years’ experience Carey Singer is an accomplished tax consultant. Having relocated to Toronto from his native Chicago in 1990, Carey now leads Richter’s U.S. Tax team in the Toronto office, and focuses on providing tax planning and compliance services to companies and individuals with cross-border tax issues involving the U.S. Carey’s in-depth knowledge and innovative expertise is in high demand as a sought-out speaker and author on a variety of corporate and personal taxation matters.
Prior to joining the Richter team, Carey was with a mid-sized CA firm and then a multi-national firm where he provided U.S. tax services for entrepreneurial clients. In addition to advising owner-managed businesses, Carey also specializes in sports and entertainment, having worked with a variety of professional athletes and entertainers throughout his career, advising them on best tax practices for their unique situations.
Fields of expertise
- U.S. Tax
- Strategic tax planning
- Business consulting
- Sports & entertainment
- Real estate
- M.Sc. Taxation, DePaul University, Chicago, IL, 1990
- Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, (CPA), 1989
- B.Sc, Commerce, DePaul University, Chicago, IL, 1988
- Speaker, various U.S. tax topics at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario’s annual tax conference.
- Speaker, various U.S. tax topics at York Technology Alliance.
- Named one of Toronto’s “Top Niche Accountants” by Toronto Life magazine.
- Contributor, industry publications, such as The Bottom Line and CPA Magazine on various U.S. tax topics, such as Canadian business expansion into the U.S. and snowbird taxation issues.
- Interviewed, “The Business of Sports”, on Global News.
- Interviewed, Topics such as: the economic impact of the Raptors’ success in Toronto; the economic impact of the TFC and their sustainability as the main players at BMO Field.