Kim Sarrazin-Gauthier has been with Richter for more than ten years. As a strategic advisor to audit committees, internal audit leaders and senior management in several types of industries, Kim advises her clients in matters pertaining to project planning and management, enterprise risk management, internal auditing, compliance, and performance improvement, and plays an active role in carrying out successful engagements.
During her career, she has participated in many audit mandates for government agencies as well as publicly listed and private companies in various industries, including technology, real estate, retail and finance.
Kim has been in charge of significant projects on several occasions. Specifically, she led mandates for a major internal audit department within one of Canada’s top financial institutions as well as for one of Quebec’s flagships. Kim has acted as a project manager and advisor in the transformation of functions in regards to financial and operational processes reviews, methodology and tool design and implementation phases prioritization. She has also led change management and members’ training.
Kim stands out due to her strong organizational skills and her ability to manage and complete complex mandates. This, combined with her ability to work easily with clients in any situation, allows her to quickly identify issues and recommend practical solutions to clients’ needs.
Fields of expertise
- Finance transformation
- Business processes and performance improvement
- Project planning
- Internal Audit
- Tax compliance
- Corporate governance
- Forensic accounting and litigation
- Risk and fraud management
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA auditor, CA), 2009
- Graduate Diploma, Accounting, UQAM, 2008
- B.A., Accounting, UQAM, 2007
Professional and community involvement
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Montréal section (IIA Montréal):
-Member of the Strategic Committee, 2016-2017
-Member of the Passport-Training Organizing Committee , 2015-2017
-Member, since 2014
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) - member, since 2014
- Ordre des Comptables Professionnels Agréés du Québec - member, since 2009