Richard Vineberg has been an active professional and partner at Richter for close to 50 years, beginning when he joined the Firm as its first summer student in 1968. For the last several years, he has served as a consultant at Richter, dealing primarily with Firm issues and Richter partner matters.
Prior to that time, for close to 40 years, he was a senior assurance and business advisory partner. He was the head of a practice that included a variety of entrepreneurial businesses, many of which are leaders in their industries in Canada, and also have a substantial presence in the United States. As a result, he has significant experience with cross-border issues.
In addition to his entrepreneurial practice, Richard had experience and specialized knowledge about companies within the entertainment industry. He also dealt regularly with entities in the parapublic and not-for-profit sectors, including hospitals, schools and charities, where his professional involvement was both as an auditor and consultant. On a volunteer basis, he has served as a board member, officer, treasurer and president of a number of NPOs.
- Parapublic (schools, hospitals)
- Entrepreneurial sector
- Non-profit sector
- Fellow Chartered Professional Accountant (FCPA), 1998
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1972
- B.Com., McGill University, 1970
Professional and community involvement
- Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec - Member since 1972
- Jewish Community Foundation - Board member since 2008
- Bronfman Jewish Education Centre - Board member 2009 – 2015
- Federation CJA - Past President 2005 – 2007
- Canadian Jewish Congress - Past Treasurer 1989 – 2002
- Lower Canada College and Foundation - Past Treasurer 1994