Pragmatic, thorough, goal-oriented.
In our rapidly changing world, companies contend with a variety of challenges. When the obstacles appear overwhelming or a business is underperforming, Adam Sherman provides practical business advice and strategic solutions to help companies and their stakeholders navigate complex financial difficulties.
Adam has more than 15 years of experience providing advisory services to a diverse clientele including management, boards of directors, financial institutions, government regulators, and secured lenders in the areas of corporate restructuring and insolvency, turnaround consulting, mergers and acquisitions, and due diligence.
A skillful assessor of business plans, financial projections, cash flow forecasts and turnaround plans, Adam brings a well-rounded and hands-on approach to his clients. He’s known for effectively managing financial distress situations, as well as crafting and implementing strategies to preserve and enhance value.
Fields of expertise
- Strategic and operational business planning
- Crisis management
- Formal and informal restructurings
- Financial planning/modeling and risk management
- Revenue/profit and cash flow optimization
- Divestitures and asset realizations
- Financial Services
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP)
- MBA, Schulich School of Business, 2000
Professional and community involvement
- Turnaround Management Association
- Canadian Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals
- Ontario Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals
- Speaker. Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals’ 2015 Forum, April 2015.
- CCAA Monitor for Grafton-Fraser Inc.
- CCAA Monitor for Bombay & Co. Inc., Bowring & Co. Inc. and Benix & Co. Inc.
- Proposal Trustee in the restructuring of Nine West Canada LP and Jones Canada, Inc.
- Court-appointed Information Officer in the restructuring of Horsehead Holding Corp. and its affiliates.
- CCAA Monitor for KK Precision Inc.
- Proposal Trustee/Trustee in Bankruptcy in the restructuring of Shop.ca Networks Inc.
- Proposal Trustee/Trustee in Bankruptcy in the restructuring of MRP Retail Inc./MRP Family Retail Inc. (dba Jean Machine).