Positive, unifier, creative.
In the midst of turmoil, an organization must have strong allies. With more than 25 years’ experience advising organizations facing financial difficulties or special issues, Benoît has the expertise and open-mindedness required to handle complex issues.
In addition to acting as an advisor in financial restructurings and business turnarounds, Benoît oversees negotiations and enters into business sale transactions in insolvency cases. He uses a collaborative approach to develop crisis strategies. A skilled negotiator, he is always looking for the best solutions for his clients.
Under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, Benoît also acts as a monitor and as a Licensed Insolvency Trustee under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act. He is regularly called upon as an expert to speak in the media.
Fields of expertise
- Financial restructurings and business turnarounds
- Sale of businesses and business units in the context of insolvency or in special situations
- Restructuring of debts and equity
- Financial arrangements and bankruptcies
- Manufacturing and processing
- High tech and biotechnology
- Food and agriculture
- Real estate
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 1999
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT), 1999
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1985
- B.A.A., Université de Sherbrooke, 1985
Speaker. Various topics related to insolvency, restructuring and complex transactions; invited by many professional associations and organizations.
Quoted in media outlets such as La Presse, Les Affaires, Le Droit, Le Journal de Montréal, The Gazette, Le Soleil and the Wall Street Journal.
- Advisor to the secured creditor of Écolait Ltée in the context of the sale of the business as a going concern. Acted as Trustee to the proposal to distribute the net proceeds to the creditors.
- Sale of the assets of Avestor Limited Partnership, including its building, equipment, inventory and intellectual property and the distribution of the net proceeds to creditors through an insolvency proceeding (proposal).
- Advisor to Groupe Les Ailes de la Mode Inc. in the context of an operational restructuring, including downsizing, liquidation of inventory and sale of certain business units and leases. Acted as Monitor for the preparation and implementation of a plan of arrangement with the creditors.
- Advisor to Management and the Board of Hart Stores Inc. for the implementation of an operational and financial reorganization. Acted as Monitor for the preparation and implementation of a plan of arrangement with the creditors.
- Advisor to Bentley Leathers Inc. in the context of a complete operational and financial reorganization, including the sale of certain business units, closure of non-performing stores, downsizing and refinancing. Acted as Trustee to the proposal to implement the financial reorganization.
- Acted as advisor to a series of businesses in the context of financial reorganization and business turnarounds.