Genuine, trustworthy, determined.
Duncan is a senior member of Richter Advisory Group Inc. in Toronto. He has acted as an advisor to debtors, secured lenders and private equity firms in corporate restructurings and turnarounds. With over 10 years of financial advisory experience, Duncan has assisted clients with assessing their strategic options, , managing stakeholders, and negotiating restructuring plans. .
Duncan specializes in special situations, crisis management and early distressed consulting. He often works with management teams, senior executives and board of directors to develop action plans to stabilize the business, improve liquidity and working capital and address under performing business lines. Duncan utilizes data analytics to create insights into the business and tools to manage the turnaround alongside management.
This is all done with a determined attitude and the dedication of a man whose genuine character inspires absolute confidence in everyone who has the pleasure of working with him.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate restructuring
- Special situations
- Data analytics
- Scenario and financial modeling
- Working capital management
- Gaming Transportation
- Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional, (CIRP), 2013
- Certified Management Accountant, (CMA), 2005
- Bachelor of Commerce and Finance, University of Toronto, 1998
- Co-Author, “Automotive Industry: Distress Signs Lenders Should Watch for as Loan Delinquencies Rise”, National Creditor Debtor Review, September, 2016
- CCAA Monitor of Comstock Canada Limited
- Restructuring advisor to a healthcare operator with medical clinics in Canada and U.S.
- Financial advisor to the board of directors of a large North American logistics company with over $500M in revenue
- Financial advisor to a publicly traded technology manufacturer with $300M in revenue
- Court-appointed receiver of Calgary West Hospitality Inc. operating as Stampede Casino