Trustworthy, affable, hardworking.
Fred is very much a father figure. He knows how to make everyone around him feel comfortable and supported. He also knows all the best travel arrangement tips in town, so he’s a good man to stay in contact with.
Utterly reliable and supportive, Fred has been managing complex mandates and working with international clients for years. He acts as a business advisor to a wide cross section of manager-owned companies in all industries, with a particular emphasis on the real estate and public company sectors.
Fred likes to work closely with his clients, assisting them in finding practical solutions to complicated issues. They in turn value his expertise in establishing business plans, carrying out complex transactions, obtaining bank financing and seeking government assistance.
Fred has been involved in various public offerings, conversions of clients to IFRS, guidance in quarterly and annual reporting, and major real estate transactions. He has also prepared court-submitted reports and testified as an expert witness in various court cases, and has assisted clients in acquisitions and other critical business decisions.
Bright, caring, and a trusted listener, Fred is an advisor who is always there for his clients and colleagues.
Fields of expertise
- Assurance services
- Establishing business plans
- Assisting companies on complex transactions
- Bank financing
- Financial reporting (IFRS, Canadian and U.S. GAAP)
- Real estate
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Public company sector
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1982
- Graduate Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1981
- B. Com., McGill University, 1980
Professional and community involvement
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) – Member, since 2008
- Urban Development Institute of Quebec (UDI) – Member, since 1990
- Bialik High School – Vice-President, Finance, 2004 to 2009
- Solomon Schechter Academy – Vice-President, 1997 to 2003
- Saidye Bronfman Centre – Chairman of the Board, 2000 to 2002
- With Brenda Cormier. “Will the Proposed Changes to Joint Venture Accounting Affect the Real Estate Industry?,” Espace Magazine, January 2009.
- With Laurence Malka, “IFRS.” Espace Magazine, January 2008.