Ingenious, loyal, posed.
With more than 30 years of experience as an advisor, Gilles has seen the business community evolve greatly. This has given him proven and recognized know-how that he has applied to a significant number of mandates in financial consulting, restructuring and insolvency.
He has acted as a controller for major cross-border restructuring projects for large companies operating in a wide variety of sectors, and has played a key role in major Canadian acquisition projects in the USA.
His expertise has seen him participate in numerous fraud investigations and testify in important cases. He is often quoted in the media and is regularly invited to speak.
A long-time partner of the firm, Gilles has built a solid reputation as a business advisor. He does not shrink from challenges as he likes to reinvent himself and never tires of learning.
Fields of expertise
- Restructuring of companies
- Fraud Investigations
- Chemical products
- High tech
- Air Transport
- Forest products
Professional and community involvement
- Conseil de gestion du Fonds vert – President of the Board of Directors, since 2017
- Richter – Member of the Board of Directors, 2010-2014
- Insolvency Institute of Canada – Member, since 2010
- Richter Consulting Group Inc. – Member of the Management Committee, 2009-2014
- Canadian Insolvency Association – Member, since 1985
- Participation in more than 170 publications and media appearances, including:
- Quoted in the article “Lac-Mégantic: CP threatens to obstruct the agreement”, La Presse, April 2015.
- Subject of a career portrait in the article “A life at RSM Richter”, Droit-Inc., September 2012.
- Quoted in Arcand article, ” Norbourg transactions in trustee’s sights”, La Tribune and Le Soleil, November 2011.
- Cited in the article “Bonneville doors and windows – GBO bankrupt”, Le Devoir, p. C3, October 2011.
- Cited in the article “GBO sells its assets”, Canada Newswire, October 2011.
- Quoted in the article “Kitco categorically denies Revenue Quebec allegations .”, Canada Newswire, June 2011.
- Quoted in the article “Norbourg A badly constructed proof, according to Gilles Robillard “, Rue Frontenac, January 2010.
- Interviewed on The Fifth Estate, “Earl Jones: In Trust”, CBC Channel, February 2010.
- Quoted in Yvon Laprade’s book, “The manufacturing crisis in Quebec: It’s going badly at work! ” Chapter: revealing indicators, June 2009.
- Quoted in Yvon Laprade’s book. “Autopsy of a scandal Norbourg – The story of a crook and his 9,200 victims”, 2009.
- Canadian Bar Association. “The recent financial scandals in Quebec regarding mutual funds”, chapter “Aspects of the administration of the Norbourg bankruptcy files”, June 2008.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Insolvency Association
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank
- Risk Management Association
- EO Entrepreneur Association
- Autorité des marchés financiers
- Public Prosecution Service of Canada
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy
- CCAA Monitor for Montreal, Maine & Atlantic Canada Co. overseeing the creation and distribution of a $450 million indemnity fund for the Lac-Megantic train derailment.
- CCAA Monitor for Kitco Metals Inc., one of the longest CCAA restructurings in Canadian history.
- Trustee to the bankruptcy of the various entities of the Norbourg Group as well as investigation of the fraud.
- Trustee to the bankruptcy of Earl Jones as well as investigation of the fraud.
- Trustee to the bankruptcy of Jetsgo Airlines.
- CCAA Monitor for Souris Mini, a designer and retailer of children apparel and accessories.