Loyal, open-minded, driven.
Passionate about both her work and her family, Irina Oks is known for her capacity for hard work and delivering results. Irina takes on complex tasks with enthusiasm, dedication and a laser-like focus on getting the very best results for her clients.
Irina has extensive experience in international tax advisory and transfer pricing including cross-border tax planning, preparing transfer pricing documentation, and providing audit defense support to various clients ranging from owner-managed businesses to large multinational corporations.
Irina advises clients on the structuring of their international operations and the pricing of cross-border intercompany transactions. She is an expert at analyzing inter-company pricing policies, preparing transfer pricing documentation and providing audit defense support to multinational corporations .
Irina develops financial models to assess companies’ global tax positions and provides them with recommendations to achieve their business objectives in the most tax-efficient manner. She also advises clients on complex cross-border taxation issues including treaty application, withholding taxes and permanent establishment.
Fields of expertise
- Transfer pricing
- Cross border structuring
- Information technology
- Real estate
- CPA International Tax Course, CPA Canada, 2015
- In-Depth Tax Course (Levels I-III), CPA Canada, 2012
- M.A. (Economics), Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 2006
- B.A. (Economics), Tel-Aviv University, Israel, 2004
- Co-author. “Cameco vs. CRA tax court case: with CRA’s appeal, uncertainty remains for MNEs”, Bloomberg BNA, Thompson Reuters Taxnet Pro. November, 2018.
- Co-presenter. Transfer Pricing Workshop, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, November 2016
- Transfer Pricing & Tax Aspects of IP Offshoring, Licensing Executives Society, Toronto, March 2016
- Co-presenter. Taxation of Non-Resident Trusts in Canada, Workshop, Canadian Tax Foundation Annual Conference, November 2015
- Co-presenter. The Taxation of Non-Resident Trusts in Canada, Canadian Tax Foundation, May 2015
- Co-presenter. The Taxation of Non-Resident Trusts in Canada, STEP Canada, May 2015
- Co-author. “Can Transfer Pricing Rules be Applied to an Arm’s Length Sale?,” CCH Tax Topics, no. 2197, April 2014