Problem-solver, passionate, reliable.
Jerry Wise has the expertise privately-held entities repeatedly turn to as they grow their businesses in Canada and abroad. With four decades of experience, he guides entrepreneurs with compassion, creativity and a great deal of care, regardless of the task at hand. Affable in nature, Jerry is the type who will always have a client’s back; and when it comes to getting down to business, Jerry’s vast subject matter expertise truly shines. His numerous longstanding happy clients and reputation stand as a testament to his stature in the tax and business community.
Jerry is sought out by public and large privately held entities and their shareholders on a variety of mandates that include corporate reorganizations, international tax and high net-worth estate planning. He provides consultation in the area of innovative tax and estate planning, business restructurings and mergers and acquisitions for both domestic and international clients.
Jerry has authored, lectured and spoken on taxation-related matters to professional groups such as CPA Canada, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Association de planification fiscale et financière, and the Accountants Study Group. He frequently conducts various in-house courses and seminars. Jerry always commits totally to such events, providing informative, entertaining experiences to attendees.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations
- Acquisitions and mergers
- Cross-border/International tax
- Financial instruments and public offerings
- Estate and transitional planning
- Real estate
- Financial services
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), 2003
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA)
- B. Com. in Public Accountancy, McGill University
Professional and community involvement
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners – Member
- International Fiscal Association – Member
- Association de planification fiscale et financière – Member
- Canadian Tax Foundation – Member