Honest, respectful, focused.
Laurent is known for his calm, serious, approach to work, but it is also common knowledge that he knows when to apply a lighter touch. Organized and meticulous, he is a star when it comes to finding comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
With more than 25 years of experience in audit, risk management and governance, specifically in IT, Laurent is a specialist with a solid reputation. He obtained a diploma in public accounting in France (the equivalent of a CPA, CA designation) and also holds various certifications in IT controls and risk management. Laurent is also a Certified Corporate Director and has served on ISACA Montréal’s Board from 2012 to 2018.
Laurent is a leader in Information Technology Advisory Services. Throughout his career, he has managed several IT audit, risk management and governance projects for small to large corporations in various industry sectors, including telecommunications, media, manufacturing, insurance, banking, and for government entities. He has also carried out and managed several mandates particularly related to information security and cybersecurity.
His experience makes him truly experienced with multiple technologies, processes and governance structures for IT projects and teams, and known for his practical recommendations tailored to the challenges being faced by his clients.
Fields of expertise
- Business and technology risk management
- Assessment of information security and cybersecurity processes
- IT governance
- Third party reports (SSAE 18, CSAE 3416, SOC 1, SOC 2)
- Data risk management
- Assessment and improvement of general computer controls (SOX, 52-109)
- Administrateur de sociétés certifié (ASC), 2013
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), 2013
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), 2002
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), 1998
- Diplômé d’expertise comptable (France), 1996
- Advanced University Degree in Business and Accounting, Burgundy School of Business, France, 1989
Professional and community involvement
- Board Member and Vice President, Marketing of the ISACA Montréal, 2012-2018
- Member of the Réseau des professionnels en sécurité de l’information, since 2011, on the Executive Committee since 2016
- Member of the Chamber of Commerce France-Canada, since 2000
- Quoted in “Il n’y a pas de secret… il faut répéter,” La Presse+. October 2017
- “Internet des objets : une révolution risquée,” Action Canada-France, CCI française au Canada. September 2016
- “La fraude au président,” at the Forum Sécurité et fraude 2016, Mouvement Desjardins. June 2016
- “COBIT 5 un outil pour l’audit et la conformité,” COBIT 5 Conference, ISACA Québec. April 2016
- “Facteurs humains : découvrez comment allier agilement vos stratégies de sécurité à la culture de votre organisation,” conference on information security, Les Affaires. March 2016
- Quoted in “Fraude en entreprise – des données prises en otage,” La Presse+. March 2016
- “CEO Scam: You’re a target. Don’t become a victim”, Richter Website. December 2015
- “La fraude au président,” conference on fraud, Les Affaires. November 2015
- Interviewed on information security awareness, Argent TV channel. October 2015
- Passeport Formation: “Continuous Auditing: A Successful Implementation Scenario”, Institute of Internal Auditors. April 2011
- Speaker. Deloitte Business Risk seminars — “data analytics” and “IT governance”. March 2011and April 2007
- Instructor for Module 3 “Directors and Internal Control”, Collège des administrateurs de sociétés. From 2005 to 2011
- Bill C-198: “Sarbanes-Oxley Law and Your Company”, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec. January 2005