Passionate, generous, happy.
As an entrepreneur, you need to be able to count on business partners who know the best practices in your industry and who work to maximize the growth of your business and minimize your taxes. This is what Michel Babeu does every day.
With nearly 30 years of experience assisting local entrepreneurs, Michel has a wealth of knowledge in management and taxation.
Having once founded and managed an accounting firm, he is well placed to understand the various issues involved in running a business. Michel has passion and enjoys challenges. He is innovative and thinks outside of the box when it comes to finding solutions for tax structures.
Over the years, he has also developed an in-depth knowledge of the delicate issues related to the transfer of businesses and advises with all the necessary finesse. He treats his clients with kindness and works to support the growth of their businesses and encourage their profitability.
Fields of expertise
- Transfer of businesses
- Quebec tax credits
- Establishment of family trusts
- Acquisition and sale of companies
- Professional services
- Retail business
- M.Fisc., University of Sherbrooke, 1987
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1986
- B.A.A., HEC Montréal, 1983
Professional and community involvement
- Member of the Tax and Financial Planning Association (APFF)
- Member of the Canadian Tax Foundation (CWF)
- Member of the Board of Directors of Univalor, since 2014
- Member of the Tax Committee of the OCPAQ, since 2012
- Member of the Board of Directors of the FTM Investment Fund, from 2000 to 2004
- Guest speaker at various events organized by the Quebec Order of Chartered Professional Accountants and the Tax and Financial Planning Association.
- Author. “Measures to facilitate the transfer of family businesses: an effort not adapted to the reality of our SMEs”, October 2016.
- Quoted in article. “Personal Finance: Can we avoid paying tax when selling a second home?, Protegez-vous, p. 30, July 2012.
- Quoted in article, “Personal Finance: Investing: “Hello, it’s for rent … ” Protegez-vous, p. 37, June 2012.
- Quoted in the article “The TFSA is already a year old,” Le Soleil, January 2012.
- Interviewed on. “In Business” TV show, Montreal, March 2011.