Analytical, pragmatic, results-oriented.
Pritesh draws on over ten years of experience as a financial advisor to domestic and international clients. Pritesh has advised clients through a number of complex mandates, ranging from M&A transactions to informal turnaround efforts to corporate restructurings through formal insolvency proceedings. He has experience maintaining companies through going-concern sales, providing assessments of restructuring risk for lenders, structuring and negotiating transactions and providing strategic advice to affected stakeholders.
Pritesh has particular depth in performing financial and operational reviews, financial modeling, and identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement.
Fields of expertise
- Formal restructuring
- M&A strategy
- Financial and operational reviews
- Financial modeling
- Performance improvement and turnaround
- Crisis management
- Capital raising and refinancing
- Energy and resources
- Financial services
- Public sector
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee (LIT), 2017
- Chartered Insolvency & Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2013
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), 2010
- Master of Business Administration, Schulich School of Business, 2007
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and Management, McMaster University, 2002
Professional and Community Involvement
- Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals (CAIRP) – Member, since 2013
- CFA Society Toronto – Member, since 2010
- Aralez Pharmaceuticals Inc. – CCAA Monitor in connection with the Aralez entities restructuring proceedings
- Rockport et al – acted as Information Officer in connection with the Debtors’ Chapter 11 proceedings in the U.S. and recognition proceedings under Part IV of the CCAA in Canada.
- HMV Canada Inc. – acted as court-appointed Receiver in connection with the liquidation of HMV’s 100+ stores across Canada
- Shop.ca Network Inc. – acted as Trustee in connection with the company’s BIA proposal proceedings and court-approved sale
- Thane International Inc.et al – acted as court-appointed Receiver and foreign representative for Thane as part of its cross-border receivership and Chapter 15 proceedings
- North American private-label food manufacturer – financial advisor to company as part of its 18-month restructuring and successful turnaround of its operations
- Canadian chemical manufacturer – financial advisor to company in connection with its restructuring of over $80 million of syndicated senior debt