Internationally experienced, reassuring, funny.
Sophie is an expert at helping overseas clients adapt to the Québec and Canadian market and in making them feel at home in our business environment. She works primarily in assisting those businesses with accounting, taxation and financial matters. Professional and insightful, reliable and extremely versatile, Sophie has over 20 years’ experience in audit and providing advisory services in France and Canada.
Whatever the situation, Sophie takes the success of her clients to heart, and they in turn appreciate her reassuring presence. Calm and supportive and adept at meditation, Sophie is known at work for her quick wit and excellent sense of humour! She is also your go-to person for any suggestions for places to visit in France!
With deep roots in the business community promoting relationships between Canada and Europe, Sophie is an essential resource in the field of financial advisory services for European companies wishing to do business in North America. She does this in collaboration with some of Richter’s specialized professionals, by advising on the accounting and tax aspects of such projects and offering support for development strategies.
Her professional experience in both Europe and Canada is a major asset for her clients, as it allows her to clearly understand their challenges and constraints, and she is able to recommend best local practices. Sophie frequently speaks at and attends conferences in Europe and Canada regarding investment and business development opportunities in Canada.
Fields of expertise
- Foreign company assistance
- Implementation and development strategies
- Full accounting and financial reporting services
- Assurance and financial statements
- Preparation of financial forecasts and budgets
- Assistance in preparing business plans
- Foreign company subsidiaries
- Innovation and technology
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA auditor, CGA), Canada, 2011
- Certificate in Accounting, Université du Québec à Montréal, 2008
- Diplôme d’Études Comptables et Financières, France, 1996
- Graduate of the École supérieure de commerce et d’administration des entreprises de Reims (now NEOMA Business School), France, 1990
Professional and community involvement
- Chambre de Commerce et d’Industrie Française au Canada -Board Member, From 2014 to 2017 – Chair, Lunch Conference committee, From 2014 to 2017
- Théâtre de la Manufacture Inc. – Board Member and Treasurer, Since 2016
- Annual fundraising evening committee, Théâtre La Licorne – Co-Chair, Since 2012
- Belles d’Espoir fundraising evening committee (CHU Ste-Justine Foundation) – Treasurer, From 2014 to 2015
- Urban Planning Advisory Committee Ville-Marie borough (Montréal) – Permanent member and citizen representative, From 2004 to 2006
- Association des résidants du Vieux-Montréal – Chair and Editor-In-Chief of Le Vieux Montréal, From 2000 to 2002
- Author. “L’Ambassade du Canada à Paris : un partenaire précieux,” Action Canada-France, April 2017.
- Author. “Les médias sociaux font leur marque jusque dans les services professionnels,” Action Canada-France, January 2017.
- Author. “La fiscalité : plus que jamais à l’ordre du jour,” Action Canada-France, September 2016.
- Author. “Ville intelligente : sous les promesses, les risques,” Action Canada-France, March 2016.
- Author. “L’entrepreneuriat social : une tendance qui n’est pas près de fléchir!”, Action Canada-France, January 2016.
- Quoted in the article “Des comptables intrapreneurs dans les cabinets,” Les Affaires, December 2015.
- Author. “Industrie agroalimentaire : quatre façons de transformer le risque en occasion à saisir, ” Action Canada-France, September 2015.
- Co-author. “Le marché des aliments « santé et bien-être » : de la niche à la tendance alimentaire,” Action Canada-France, September 2015.
- Quoted in the article “Start-up : comment constituer son équipe de rêve,” Les Affaires, April 2015.
- Author. “Les entrepreneurs et le mécénat : une alliance qui vaut de l’or!”, Action Canada-France, January 2015.
- Author. “Oui, vous pouvez maximiser la valeur de votre entreprise!”, Action Canada-France, September 2014.
- Author. “Le Québec Accueille Jeff de Bruges!”, Action Canada-France, March 2014.
- Author. “Relations France-Québec : Vive l’entrepreneuriat libre!”, Premières en affaires, Feburary/March 2014.
- Author. “Recherche et développement : optimisez les incitatifs fiscaux!” Action Canada-France, September 2013.
- Quoted in the article “Réaliser le rêve américain,” Droit-Inc. (website), April 2013.
- Author. “Financer sa filiale canadienne… Oui, mais pas sans incidences fiscales!”, Action Canada-France, March 2013.
- Expert invited as part of the TV show Génération INC. (third season), October 2012.
- “Doing business in Canada: what you need to know about accounting and tax matters,” a guide for European companies.