Accountable, pragmatic, innovative.
Your business, culture, and problems are unique. Therefore, solutions rarely take the form of a one-size-fits-all package. Will prides himself in bringing the proper industry-leading risk management solution to fit your specific short term needs and strategic goals.
With over 10 years of experience providing consulting services to multinational companies, Will brings discipline to execution and innovation to risk solutions. He focuses on assisting organizations with managing business cycle risks using innovative and pragmatic solutions. Will helps organizations develop pragmatic risk programs such as Sarbanes Oxley compliance, cybersecurity strategy, and process automation; provides assurance solutions to global organizations such as internal audit services, third party reporting (SOC1, SOC2, CSAE3416, SSAE16, and Web Trust for CA), and IT audits; and provides advisory on building internal processes, including vendor risk management, GDPR compliance, and risk training.
Will is also a part-time lecturer at the University of Waterloo’s School of Accountancy, with focus on Data Analytics. He is fluent in English and Mandarin.
Fields of expertise
- Internal audit
- Information security, privacy, and threat risk management
- Cybersecurity solutions
- Data Analytics
- Financial institutions
- Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), 2014
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), 2014
- Master of Accounting, University of Waterloo, 2009
- Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management, University of Waterloo, 2008
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Institute of CPAs Information Management and Technology Assurance – Member, since 2014
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists – Member, since 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario) – Member, since 2011
- Lecturer. “Data Mining”, University of Waterloo, 2018.
- Lecturer. “Startup Finance”, University of Waterloo, 2018.
- Lead Presenter. “Untapped Potential of Data Analytics”, ISACA Toronto, 2018.
- Lecturer. “Data Analytics”, University of Waterloo, 2017.
- Judge. CA FinTech Awards, Toronto, 2017.
- Lead Presenter. “Data Analytics and Internal Audit”, ISACA Toronto, 2017.
- Lead Presenter. “Effectively managing Interactions and Relationships”, Institute of Internal Auditors – New York Chapter, 2016.
- Lead Presenter. “Control Sustainability and Optimization”, Institute of Internal Auditors – New York Chapter, 2015.