Accessible, versatile, visionary.
As the business community is constantly evolving, you need to be able to rely on experts who are able to cope with changing situations. Marie-Claude certainly has a solid background, particularly in the retail, innovation and technology, and manufacturing and publishing sectors.
As a partner, Marie-Claude has been entrusted with the management of the Retail Advisory Services Group and the Firm’s Innovation and Technology Group.
Accustomed to carrying out large-scale mandates, Marie-Claude works closely with business leaders in order to clearly identify their needs and to propose simple and practical solutions that stimulate business growth. Her field of expertise is extensive, and she is able to take on a variety of mandates including strategic planning, preparation of financial and budgetary forecasts, and financial and operational advisory services.
Marie-Claude also enjoys wide public recognition. In addition to acting as a speaker in the retail sector, she is often called upon to comment in the media on issues specific to this field.
Fields of expertise
- Strategic planning
- Business plan development
- Preparation of financial and budgetary forecasts
- Review of internal controls and related recommendations
- Financial and operational advisory services
- Inventory management and control
- Sector analysis of results
- Comparative analysis of results
- Innovation and technology
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA auditor, CA), 1990
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada, 1988
- B.B.A. (with distinction), Specialization in accounting, McGill University, 1987
Professional and community involvement
- École des entrepreneurs du Québec – Board of Directors, Treasurer and President of the audit committee, since 2018
- Women in Governance – Member of the Programming and Partnerships Committee, since 2017
- Quebec Hardware and Building Supply Association (AQMAT) – Collaborator of the Strategic Planning Guide, 2014-2017
- Quebec Technology Association (AQT) – Member, since 2014
- Superior Court of Montréal District – Retail expert witness, 2013
- Women’s Centre of Montréal Foundation – President and treasurer of the Board of Directors, since 2013
- Boutique des Métiers d’art du Québec (company owned by SODEC and the Conseil des Métiers d’art du Québec) – Member of the Board of Directors, 2012-2015
- Chambre de commerce et de l’industrie de Laval (CCIL) – President of the jury responsible for the selection of finalists and winners of the Dunamis Awards, 2011 and 2012
- SAQ-HEC Montreal Program in Retail Management – Program facilitator, since 2010
- Administrative Court of Québec – Retail expert witness, 2008
- Cercle Omer DeSerres – Founding member, since 2004
- Fondation de la mode de Montréal – Member of the Board of Directors, 2003-2012
- Conseil québécois du commerce de détail – Member of the annual convention organizing committee, 2002-2008
- Conseil québécois du commerce de détail – Presenter of the annual convention, 2004, 2009, 2010, 2012
- Quoted in an article by Stéphane Rolland. “Pourquoi Amazon vaut-elle 60 fois ses bénéfices”, Les Affaires. October 2019.
- Interviewed by Gérard Filion. “La Fin de Sears”, RDI Économie, CBC. Octobre 2017.
- Quoted in an article. “Sears Canada veut mettre fin à ses activités”, Radio-Canada. October 2017.
- Quoted in an article by Pierre Couture. “Fermeture de magasins Sears : maux de tête et opportunités”, Le Journal de Québec. June 2017.
- Quoted in an article by Pierre Couture. “Sears Canada ferme 14 magasins au Québec”, Le Journal de Québec. June 2017.
- Quoted in an article by Pierre Couture. “Sears Canada au bord de la Faillite”, Le Journal de Québec. June 2017.
- Interviewed by Mario Dumont. “Les problèmes des grands détaillants ne surprennent personne”, TVA Nouvelles. June 2017.
- Interviewed by Gérald Fillion. “Is there a future for Sears?”, RDI Économie, CBC. June 2017.
- Quoted in an article by Julien Arsenault. “Dollarama acceptera les cartes de crédit dans ses magasins”, La Presse. March 2017.
- Quoted in an article by Anne Gaignaire. “Ces PME québécoises qui osent se lancer en Bourse”, Les Affaires. October 2016.
- Co-author with Phil Lichtsztral. “4 benchmarking lessons for the retail sector”, Richter.ca. October 2016.
- Author. “Retail: Five questions to grow your profits in 2016”, Richter.ca. March 2016.
- Quoted in article by Marie-Eve Fournier. “Comment survivre dans un contexte hostile?”, La Presse. February 2016.
- Television interview on Black Friday, LCN. November 2015.
- Quoted in the article by Marie-Ève Fournier. “Frénésie et frustrations du Vendredi fou”, La Presse. November 2015.
- Radio interview. “CJAD News”, on Black Friday, CJAD. November 2015.
- Television interview. “Evening news”, on Black Friday, Global. November 2015.
- Television interview. “News Montreal” on Black Friday, CTV. November 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Michelle Lalonde. “Make that list: tips on holiday shopping for the reluctant and the keen”, The Gazette. November 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Rogers. “Commerce de détail : à quand le magasin intelligent?”, Les Affaires. November 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Isabelle Massé. “Qu’est-ce qui ne va pas avec Sears”, La Presse (Affaires). August 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Stéphan Dussault. “Les magasins tombent comme des mouches”, Le Journal de Montréal. April 2015.
- Radio interview. “Les éclaireurs” on the technological lagging of retailers, Radio-Canada. March 2015.
- Quoted in an article by Isabelle Massé. “Commerce de détail : après l’hécatombe”, La Presse (Affaires). February 2015.
- Panelist. “Corporate State Summit-Leaping to Multi-Channel”, Montréal. February 2015.
- Radio interview. “Désautels le dimanche” on the effects of the recent changes in the retail sector, Radio-Canada. January 2015.