Insightful, leader, passionate.
Composed, yet infectiously lively, Asif Mohammed is known for sharing his professional insights with passion and vigour. He always makes a point of developing genuine connections with colleagues, clients, and almost everyone he meets.
Asif specializes in governance, risk management, and cyber security for the private sector. He is a trusted advisor to his clients, from those on the front lines to the executive level. Asif uses a client-centric approach to addressing complex challenges and designs recommendations that are pragmatic and aligned to the culture of the organization. He has a passion for ensuring his clients succeed in meeting their strategic imperatives.
An exceptional leader in his chosen field, this father to three young boys stands out from the crowd with his intellect, humility and humanity.
Fields of expertise
- Risk Management
- Information Security / Cybersecurity
- Regulatory / Operational Compliance
- Program Management
- Digital Transformation / Automation
- SOC Reports
- Financial Services (Banking / Insurance)
- Information Technology Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Queen’s University, 2016
- Certificate in Responsible Leadership, Queen’s University, 2016
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), ISACA 2011
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), ISACA 2005
- Certified Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Loyalist College 2005
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), University of Toronto, 2001
Professional and community involvement
- Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) Toronto Chapter – President since 2018, Vice President since 2016 – 2018, Director, Academic Relations and Research since 2011 – 2016, Volunteer since 2007 – 2011
- Council of Advisors, Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering and School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto – Advisor since 2015
- Centre for Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance, University of Waterloo – Board Member since 2013
- Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council – Mentor, 2008 – 2010
- Presenter Understanding Cyber Security Risk and Defense Strategies, various executive boards 2018
- Canadian Innovation Exchange, Understanding Cyber Security Risks, 2016
- Presenter. Ryerson University – Ted Rogers School of Management, Information Security an Evolving Career, 2016