Insightful, leader, passionate.
Composed, yet infectiously lively, Asif Mohammed is known for sharing his professional insights with passion and vigour. He always makes a point of developing genuine connections with colleagues, clients, and almost everyone he meets.
Asif specializes in governance, risk management, and cyber security for the private sector. He is a trusted advisor to his clients, from those on the front lines to the executive level. Asif uses a client-centric approach to addressing complex challenges and designs recommendations that are pragmatic and aligned to the culture of the organization. He has a passion for ensuring his clients succeed in meeting their strategic imperatives.
An exceptional leader in his chosen field, this father to three young boys stands out from the crowd with his intellect, humility and humanity.
Fields of expertise
- Risk Management
- Information Security / Cybersecurity
- Regulatory / Operational Compliance
- Program Management
- Digital Transformation / Automation
- SOC Reports
- Financial Services (Banking / Insurance)
- Information Technology Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Queen’s University, 2016
- Certificate in Responsible Leadership, Queen’s University, 2016
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC), ISACA 2011
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), ISACA 2005
- Certified Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Loyalist College 2005
- Honours Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), University of Toronto, 2001
Professional and community involvement
- Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) Toronto Chapter – President, since 2018; Vice President, 2016-2018; Director, Academic Relations and Research, 2011-2016; Volunteer, 2007-2011
- University of Toronto, Council of Advisors of the Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering and School of Continuing Studies – Advisor, since 2015
- University of Waterloo, Centre for Information Integrity and Information Systems Assurance – Board Member, since 2013
- Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council – Mentor, 2008-2010
- Speaker. “Understanding Cyber Security Risk and Defense Strategies,” various executive boards, 2018.
- Speaker. “Understanding Cyber Security Risks,” Canadian Innovation Exchange, 2016.
- Speaker. “Information Security an Evolving Career,” Ryerson University – Ted Rogers School of Management, 2016.
Risk Management Advisory
With change happening at an increasing pace, your company must innovate, adapt to better connect to your customers and suppliers, and streamline internal processes to grow with confidence.
Your company’s worst nightmare: a cyberattack paralyzes servers, puts confidential information and finances at risk, and threatens to compromise client data. How do you overcome it? Better yet, how can you avoid this?
Growth is exciting. But navigating the aspects involved in successful growth – particularly when it happens rapidly – can be one of the most complex challenges a business can face.