Alon Wexler is a partner with more than 15 years of experience specializing in business valuation and transaction advisory services. Prior to that, he worked in Richter’s Assurance division.
Alon has performed an extensive number of valuation mandates, including the preparation of valuations for tax reorganizations and shareholder buyouts, formal valuations in connection with the privatization of public entities (in accordance with the Ontario Securities Commission Multilateral Instrument 61-101) as well as fairness opinions. Alon is actively involved in valuations for financial reporting requirements, including the valuation of intangible assets, purchase price allocations and impairment testing.
Alon has advised clients in a number of significant, complex divestiture and recapitalization transactions. These include both internal succession planning and/or the introduction of external investments.
Alon is driven to fully understand his clients’ goals. He provides strategic and advisory services ranging from independent valuations to identification of investors, developing marketing documents and managing the flow of confidential information and dialogue with investors. He helps his clients achieve their objectives through comprehensive assessments and managing buyer and seller expectations. Alon is acutely sensitive to the key value drivers that make each business successful.
Fields of expertise
- Business Valuations
- Corporate Planning
- Fairness Opinions
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Succession planning
- Consumer products
- Food services
- Healthcare services and products
Professional and community involvement
- B.Com., McGill University, 1998 (Distinction)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2001
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), 2004
- Member of the board of trustees of Hebrew Foundation School, since 2015
- Member of the board of directors of Agence Ometz, since 2013
- Frequent lecturer for the Ordre des CPA du Québec for business valuation and corporate finance courses, since 2011