Experienced, professional, diligent.
With over 20 years’ experience, Carey Singer is one of our most in-demand tax consultants. Give him a try and you’ll soon find out why. It’s partly down to his humble yet charming American swagger.
Having relocated to Toronto from his native Chicago in 1990, Carey now leads Richter’s U.S. Tax team in the Toronto office. Focusing on providing tax planning and compliance services to companies and individuals with cross-border tax issues involving the U.S., Carey’s in-depth knowledge and innovative expertise is in high demand as a sought-out speaker and author on a variety of corporate and personal taxation matters.
Prior to joining the Richter team, Carey was with a mid-sized firm and then a multi-national firm where he provided U.S. tax services for entrepreneurial clients and advising owner-managed businesses.
Charismatic Carey also specializes in sports and entertainment, having worked with a variety of professional athletes and entertainers throughout his career, advising them on best tax practices for their unique situations.
Fields of expertise
- U.S. Tax
- Strategic tax planning
- Business consulting
- Sports & entertainment
- Real estate
- M.Sc. Taxation, DePaul University, Chicago, IL, 1990
- Certified Public Accountant, Illinois, (CPA), 1989
- Speaker, various U.S. tax topics at the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario’s annual tax conference.
- Speaker, various U.S. tax topics at York Technology Alliance.
- Named one of Toronto’s “Top Niche Accountants” by Toronto Life.
- Contributor, industry publications, such as The Bottom Line and CPA Magazine on various U.S. tax topics, such as Canadian business expansion into the U.S. and snowbird taxation issues.
- Interviewed, “The Business of Sports”, on Global News.
- Interviewed, Topics such as: the economic impact of the Raptors’ success in Toronto; the economic impact of the TFC and their sustainability as the main players at BMO Field.