Solution-oriented, team player, honest
Carl Wiseman has a client-first mindset as he cares deeply about his clients’ interests and well-being. Dedicated to building long-term relationships based on trust, Carl is known as a trusted advisor who always acts in his clients’ best interests, with integrity, professionalism and a great sense of commitment. Carl takes pride in helping families achieve their aspirations.
Prior to joining Richter Family Office, Carl worked as co-Chief Investment Officer (co-CIO) for a Montreal-based multi-family office and spent over two decades as a Senior Investment Consultant providing high quality investment consulting services to large Canadian and multinational institutional clients (pension funds, endowment funds and foundations, and insurance companies).
As a Client Relationship Manager with Richter Family Office, Carl acts as the primary point of contact for all requests related to his clients’ personal financial matters. Carl designs, recommends, and implements investment strategies. He is responsible for monitoring and adjusting the investment portfolios, establishing sound financial planning, and coordinating with various internal and external professionals on a wide array of matters.
In addition to his relationship management role, Carl is actively involved in ongoing investment manager due diligence and manager selection to ensure that RFO clients continue to receive access to unique, best in class investment solutions.
Fields of expertise
- Design of investment strategy (asset allocation)
- Portfolio construction
- Implementation and ongoing oversight of investment strategy
- Manager due diligence (traditional and alternative investments strategies)
- Investment manager selection
- Canadian Securities Institute – Partners, Directors and Senior Officers Course, 2019
- CFA Charterholder, 2006
- B.Comm, Laval University,1996
Professional and community involvement
- Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) – Portfolio Manager, since 2020
- Montreal CFA Society – Member, since 2006