Collaborative, dedicated, professional.
As a dedicated advisor to his clients, Derek Mior approaches each mandate with expert knowledge and the utmost professionalism. As a Vice-President at Richter, Derek offers U.S. tax compliance and consulting services to a wide variety of clients that operate in the United States.
With over a decade of experience in U.S. tax, Derek’s focus has always been on finding the right solution for his clients. Known for his collaborative approach within the firm and with his clients, Derek is well liked and revered among his peers as an innovative and dedicated leader. His vast knowledge of U.S. taxes has led him to refine his expertise in areas such as corporate and personal tax returns, corporate restructuring, personal estate planning and corporate due diligence.
Derek completed his Honors of Business Administration through the Ivey Business School at Western University and attained his Certified Professional Account, Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA) in 2007.
Fields of expertise
- US and cross-border tax planning
- Income tax returns for US companies
- Canadian and US income tax returns
- Compliance management
- Sports & entertainment
- Real estate
- Certified Professional Account, Chartered Accountant (CPA, CA), 2007
- Honors of Business Administration, Richard Ivey School of Business, Western University, 2007
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario (CPA Ontario) – Member, since 2011