Collaborative, strategic, insightful.
As a sought-after advisor, Gilles Benchaya is often called upon to develop and assess business plans and assist in developing comprehensive turnaround strategies to achieve results.
Gilles has focused on the retail, consumer goods, distribution and service sectors for the past 20 years. His specialties include assessing business plans and establishing forecasting models and improved cash flow management programs. Gilles has also led multidisciplinary teams in North America and Europe, providing fully-integrated transaction support and advisory services to senior management teams, private equity groups and lenders.
Gilles is a frequent speaker at conferences on topics such as retail/consumer trends, corporate restructurings, diligence and post-acquisition integration issues, supply chain management, and the latest analytical techniques in building integrated forecast models.
Fields of expertise
- Retail and Consumer goods
- Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP)
- Chartered Insolvency Restructuring Professional (CIRP), 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1987
- B. Com., University of Montreal HEC business School , 1985
Professional and community involvement
- American Institute of Certified Professional Accountants,
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Speaker, Retail Trends, INSOL Americas Convention, 2018
- Moderator Retail Panel, TMA Annual, 2017
- Recipient ACG New York Champion’s Award for transaction in Consumer and Retail Products Sector, 2012
- “Appraisals offer a No-Money Back Guarantee,” The Secured Lender, March 2011
- “Your Collateral is in the Mail,” The Secured Lender, July 2010
- “The True Face of Dilution – (three part series) ,” The ABF Journal, January, March and April 2010