Driven, loyal, reliable.
Working with Guy St-Georges is a real pleasure. He is a dedicated team player who makes sure that everyone’s talents are employed to the maximum. Guy is also someone who takes his clients’ needs very much to heart. He wants them to be confident that he is their go-to guy, and to this end goes all out to meet their expectations.
Dedicated to the firm and his clients, Guy’s meticulous mind and inquisitive, imaginative approach means that he is always exploring new solutions to the many and varied challenges that come his way.
Guy has over 34 years of consulting, assurance and management experience, including over 10 years as a forensic services and investigation specialist. He has served a wide clientele composed of public and private corporations as well as government bodies in Canada, Europe and Asia.
Over the course of his career, Guy has planned and organized several major financial investigations, leading and preparing interrogations in collaboration with legal advisors. In connection with one investigation of an administrative nature, he prepared and led numerous interviews with witnesses, representing hundreds of hours of interrogations.
Guy has managed a number of disputes involving complex financial situations requiring the calculation of economic losses. In addition, he has prepared a large number of expert and second expert reports submitted in courts. He has also testified in New York as a forensic accounting expert in a major international arbitration case.
Fields of expertise
- Financial investigations
- Financial litigation management
- Preparation and holding of interrogations
- Preparation of expert and second expert reports presented before the court
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Pharmaceutical sector
- Financial institutions
- Certified in Financial Forensics, AICPA, 2014
- Certified Fraud Examiner, ACFE, 2010
- Graduate diploma in fight against financial crime, Université de Sherbrooke, 2008
- Member of the Hong Kong Society of Accountants, 1989
- Member of the Quebec Chartered Professional Accountants Order (CPA, CA), 1987
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting specialization, Université de Sherbrooke, 1984
- Author. “Net profit or Gross Profit? – From Concreters Ready Mix v. St. Lawrence Cement to Electrolux v. A.I.M. : The Court of Appeal of Quebec’s 40-year Track Record in quantifying Lost Profit”, Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers 2018.
- Author. “Allegations of Fraud: Work Fast! The First 48 Hours Are Crucial”, CPA Magazine.