Inspired, dynamic, warm.
An expert in consulting and certification for over 15 years, Jean is a business partner recognized for his versatility and contagious energy. His rigorous work with entrepreneurs demonstrates a broad understanding of accounting and auditing issues.
Working alongside executives and shareholders, he acts as a strategic advisor in order to maximize the growth and value of businesses of all sizes. Jean is meticulous in his reviews and adjustments of the organizational structure of businesses, and he is a master of negotiating and establishing shareholder agreements, implementing and improving internal control systems and reviewing the costs of maintaining exploitation.
Especially appreciated for his deep knowledge of company life cycles he is frequently asked to accompany SMEs throughout their evolution. He is recognized for his expertise in growth management as well as in the realization of special projects such as acquisitions of companies and reorganizing financing requests.
With a clear vision of business issues, he is able to draw a true picture of any given situation. He can expertly identify customer needs and meet their specific expectations. Always willing to collaborate, he takes priorities into account and establishes effective action plans with recommendations and practical advice tailored to each client’s reality. Jean truly is a professional you can always count on!
Fields of expertise
- Assessment of internal controls
- Risk identification
- Developing effective solutions to accounting or auditing issues
- Technology / Innovation
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Retail business•
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA Auditor, CA), 2002
- D.E.S.S.C.P., HEC Montréal, 2001
- B.A.A., HEC Montréal, 2000
Professional and community involvement
- Make-A-Wish® Quebec – Treasurer since 2014
- Fondation Noël au Printemps – Treasurer since 2015
- Poly-UdM Entrepreneur Center – Instructor since 2010
- Quoted in Quebec Hebdo article. “Inventiveness as a driver of success”, Québec Hebdo (Web site), October 29, 2012.
- Quoted in article by Yves Thérrien,. “Inventiveness, the DNA of the profitable company”, Le Soleil, October 29, 2012.
- Quoted in article in Les Affaires. “The climate has never been so good,” Les Affaires, June 8, 2013.
- Quoted in Les Affaires. “Eight Mistakes of Entrepreneurs Seeking Funding”, Les Affaires, June 8, 2013.
- “Small Retailers But Great Ideas”, The Retailer, Fall 2012.
- “Ideas for a Great Future: Boosting Creativity in Your SME”, Génération INC. (website), June 4, 2012.
- “Five Tips for Making Better Business Decisions”, Generation INC. (website), July 31, 2012.
- Video Capsule, “Three Tips for Creating Value in Your SME”, Génération INC. (website), August 9, 2012.
- “Convince investors of a bold project”, Génération INC. (website), October 15, 2012.
- Video capsule, “Three Tips to Keep Your Investors Confident”, Génération INC. (website), November 9, 2012.
- Video Capsule, “How to Find Investors Abroad”, Génération INC. (website), February 28, 2013.