Collaborative, analytical, energetic.
When executive teams and lenders need a strategic and insightful mind, they turn to Karen Kimel. As an energetic corporate consultant, Karen provides hands-on leadership techniques to analyze, plan and project manage intricate financial and operational restructurings for companies in
a variety of industries.
Karen has worked in restructuring for over 20 years and has developed a unique skillset in business modelling and analytics. She works closely with executives, business owners and other stakeholders in assessing strategic options and performance improvement opportunities, as well as managing financial and operational restructurings.
With her client-centric and highly collaborative approach, Karen ensures that business owners are well cared for, as are all the finer details of any mandate in which she is involved.
Fields of expertise
- Strategy, planning and execution
- Operational and financial restructuring
- Business reviews
- Treasury management
- Financial analysis
- Sophisticated financial modelling
- Preparing and presenting written and oral presentations
Professional and Community involvement
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Treasurer, 2017-2018
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, Director at large, 2016
- Canadian Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Professionals, Insolvency conference
- Recipient. Uniform Final Examination Ontario Honour Roll (placing 18th of 1,052).
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario 2000
- Recipient. National Insolvency Examination Ontario 1st Place.
Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals 2004