Creative, strategic, reassuring.
Knowing that you can count on experts who have proven themselves, it’s worth its weight in gold. With over 25 years of experience, Robert has an enviable reputation in the US tax and border services field.
Prior to joining Richter, he founded CANAMTAX, a US tax firm, so he can be said to have mastered his subject. He taught American taxation at the Université of Sherbrooke and at HEC Montréal, and co-wrote a book about American taxation.
A partner in our Tax Division, Robert is responsible for our US tax team. His client base consists mainly of Canadian companies with US operations and US subsidiaries of Canadian companies. He is known for inspired and innovative solutions that enable clients to achieve their goals. Robert is also greatly appreciated by his peers, who know that they can always rely on him.
Fields of expertise
- American tax advisory services
- US and cross-border tax planning (income tax, sales tax, estate tax)
- Income tax returns for US companies
- Canadian and US income tax returns for individuals (expatriate services)
- M. S. Tax, University of New Haven, 1989
- Honors BSc in Economics, University of Montreal, 1987
Professional and community involvement
- Tax and Financial Planning Association – Member and Speaker since 1995
- Article on “Legacy when one’s his heirs live in the United States”, Les Affaires, Fall 2017
- Speaker with the Barreau du Québec since 2011
- “Annual Recognition Cocktail”, Strategist, Vol. 16, No. 1, February 2011.
- Interviewed. RDI Economy (Tax Principle) and Canal Argent.
- Quoted in Mike King’s article,. “RSM Richter expands its U.S. tax-advisory practice CANAMTAX deal adds five tax professionals,” The Gazette, February 2010, p. B3.
- Co-author of the book Doing Business in the United States: Tax Aspects in the United States and Canada, Order of Certified General Accountants of Quebec, 2000.
- Cited in Dominique Froment’s article,. “Before you go to the United States, measure all the tax implications,” Les Affaires, February 1995.