Caring, humorous, confident.
‘Unique’ is a term often used in relation to Scott. Easygoing, personable, loyal and knowledgeable, he is a captivating public speaker and a driven professional.
With almost 20 years of experience in Canadian Tax, Scott specializes in estate planning, providing high net worth individuals and their family’s tailored services for their unique needs. He also consults on all aspects of corporate and personal tax planning and Canadian income tax compliance matters, including issues relating to trusts and partnerships.
Scott is well-versed in both the blockchain and crypto-currency spaces and takes pride in being able to adapt and learn about all things emerging tech. He loves the start-up space and helping entrepreneurs create opportunities, build relationships and form strategic partnerships.
A people person, Scott enjoys helping Richter team members be the best versions of themselves. He initiated the firm’s onboarding tax program for new employees and founded Richter Neo, an internal, incubator-style committee for identifying and implementing emerging tech to enhance both our customer and talent experiences.
Involved in his community, Scott is generous with his time and is always ready to lend his support where needed. He is happily married to his high school sweetheart, a proud father of two girls, a music enthusiast, and an avid New York Giants fan.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations
- Estate planning
- Canadian income tax compliance: Corporations, Trusts, Partnerships and Individuals
- Lecturer, Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec, 2013
- Lecturer, Level I In-depth Tax Course, CPA Canada, 2011
- Leadership Diploma, McGill University, 2010
- Levels I-III In-depth Tax Course, Corporate Reorganization, CPA Canada, 2003-2008
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2001
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, Concordia University, 2000
- B. Com, Accounting and Finance, Concordia University, 1998
Professional and community involvement
- Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF) – Member of the organizing committee for the estate planning conference, since 2017
- CPA Canada – Part I In-depth Taxation course Instructional leader, 2012
- CPA Canada – Common Final Examination Evaluator, 2001-2003
- Ordre des comptables professionnels agréés du Québec – Course leader, Corporate Taxation
- CPA Canada – Member, since 2001
- Moderator. “The Entrepreneurship Society Raising Capital Event” The Tech Society, November 2019.
- Moderator. “Israeli CG’s Investors Brunch.” Israeli Start-Up Productions, November 2019.
- Moderator. “Female Entrepreneurship Quick Pitch.” Consul General of Israel in Montreal & WMN, November 2019.
- Speaker. Estates & Trusts Practitioners’ Forum, November 2019
- Panelist. “Transition: Moving Capital.” BDC Capital, June 2019
- Guest Lecturer. “Financial Disruptors.“ JMSB – Fina 482 International Banking, March 2019
- Moderator. EO MTL with Epic Meal Time, October 2018
- Speaker. “Blockchain 101.“ TEC Emerging Enterprise CEO Group, August 2018
- Panelist. Hong Kong-Canada Business Association (HKCBA) Annual Conference, May 2018
- Panelist. “Blockchain | Cryptocurrency | Alternative Investing.” FFcon18, 2018 Fintech and Funding Conference, Toronto, March 2018.
- Speaker. “Cryptoboom.” Montreal International, Technical Seminar, February 2018.
- Speaker. “An introduction to the Crypto Space.” Canadian Bar Association, Technical Seminar, Montreal, January 2018.
- Speaker. “The New Trust Rules: More than just losing graduated rates”, Canadian Tax Foundation, Technical Seminar, February 2016.