Organized, responsible, dedicated.
If you are looking for a methodical mind, Earl Forman is your man. He is famous for having all of his files lined up in perfect columns. He has, undoubtedly, the neatest desk in our entire office.
It’s a mindset that fits perfectly wth his job. Since 1990, Earl’s expertise has covered a wide range of tax areas with particular emphasis on corporate reorganizations, real estate, estate planning, scientific research and experimental development (SR&ED), corporate compliance and all aspects associated with entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses and the issues faced by their shareholders.
Earl is the go-to expert for the firm’s Canadian Compliance and the SR&ED tax credit practices where he works closely with in-house engineers to maximize tax credits for his clients.
Earl has been a study leader and tutor for the CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course, and has lectured for McGill University’s Graduate Diploma in Taxation Program and for the professional development program of the Ordre des CPA du Québec. He has also given a large number of presentations to numerous organizations on various income tax-related topics.
Caring, organized responsible, dedicated, practical and with a “client first” mindset, Earl gets right to the point and will never waste your time getting to the solutions you need.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations
- Estate planning
- Scientific research and experimental development
- Canadian compliance
- Real Estate
- Entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1990
- Diploma in Public Accountancy, 1989
- B.Com., McGill University, 1987
Professional and community involvement
- Canadian Tax Foundation – Member, since 1990
- McGill University, Graduate Diploma in Taxation Program – Lecturer, 1995-1997
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA – Now CPA Canada), In-Depth Tax Course – Tutor, 1994-1998
Life is full of uncertainties. Taxes don’t have to be one of them. Inadequate tax planning or improper handling of tax issues can result in major financial consequences and restrict your company’s growth.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?