DEDICATED, PRECISE, IMPACTFUL.
Garrett is a functional strategist with a primary focus on enterprise strategy, growth and market entry strategy, business planning and M&A advisory. Garrett’s expertise allows him to serve C-suite executives, management teams, and Boards of Directors across a variety of industries, for public and private companies, as well as private equity and institutional investors.
Garrett blends his business acumen with his engineering background to provide strategic and analytical insights that remain executable and can provide lasting value to his clients. Prior to joining Richter, Garrett accumulated experience serving as a corporate strategy and value creation advisor to clients across North America.
FIELDS OF EXPERTISE
- Corporate strategy
- Growth and market entry strategy
- Business planning
- Deal strategy / mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial due diligence
- Life sciences
- Consumer goods
ILLUSTRATIVE CLIENT WORK
Client: Canadian Specialty Pharmaceutical Company
The client, a Canadian specialty pharmaceutical company, sought to substantially increase revenues (~10x) by deploying significant capital reserves toward geographic expansion within emerging pharmaceutical markets.
- Conducted a robust assessment of emerging markets and identified Latin America (LATAM) as the most attractive region for further consideration.
- Analyzed the key LATAM markets to understand growth potential, inform market entry decision-making, and develop a deal-driven expansion strategy alongside a detailed execution roadmap and implementation plan.
Client: Canadian Wine & Spirits Membership Club
The client, a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) wine and spirits membership / subscription club, sought a growth strategy to significantly increase revenues and improve business model longevity by exploring net-new growth opportunities and ways of enhancing existing operations.
- Analyzed the Canadian beverage alcohol market, including federal import and provincial liquor board DTC regulations, consumption trends, consumer behaviors / preferences, and competitive dynamics across other leading DTC beverage alcohol offerings.
- Identified and characterized expansion opportunities and prioritized the options to inform a robust and pragmatic growth strategy and implementation plan behind which the management team and Board of Directors could coalesce.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical), McGill University, 2016