Inspired, dynamic, warm.
An expert in consulting and certification for over 15 years, Jean is a business partner recognized for his versatility and contagious energy. His rigorous work with entrepreneurs demonstrates a broad understanding of accounting and auditing issues.
Working alongside executives and shareholders, he acts as a strategic advisor in order to maximize the growth and value of businesses of all sizes. Jean is meticulous in his reviews and adjustments of the organizational structure of businesses, and he is a master of negotiating and establishing shareholder agreements, implementing and improving internal control systems and reviewing the costs of maintaining exploitation.
Especially appreciated for his deep knowledge of company life cycles he is frequently asked to accompany SMEs throughout their evolution. He is recognized for his expertise in growth management as well as in the realization of special projects such as acquisitions of companies and reorganizing financing requests.
With a clear vision of business issues, he is able to draw a true picture of any given situation. He can expertly identify customer needs and meet their specific expectations. Always willing to collaborate, he takes priorities into account and establishes effective action plans with recommendations and practical advice tailored to each client’s reality. Jean truly is a professional you can always count on!
Fields of expertise
- Assessment of internal controls
- Risk identification
- Developing effective solutions to accounting or auditing issues
- Technology / Innovation
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Retail business
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA Auditor, CA), 2002
- D.E.S.S.C.P., HEC Montréal, 2001
- B.A.A., HEC Montréal, 2000
Professional and community involvement
- Fondation Noël au Printemps – Treasurer, since 2015
- Make-A-Wish® Quebec – Treasurer, since 2014
- Poly-UdM Entrepreneur Center – Instructor, since 2010
- Quoted in an article by Dominique Froment. “The climate has never been so good,” Les Affaires, June 8, 2013.
- Quoted in an article. “Eight Mistakes of Entrepreneurs Seeking Funding”, Les Affaires, June 8, 2013.
- Quoted in an article. “Inventiveness as a driver of success”, Québec Hebdo (website), October 29, 2012.
- Quoted in an article by Yves Therrien. “Inventiveness, the DNA of the profitable company”, Le Soleil, October 29, 2012.
- “Small Retailers But Great Ideas”, The Retailer, Fall 2012.
- Video capsule. “How to Find Investors Abroad”, Génération INC. (website), February 28, 2013.
- Video capsule. “Three Tips to Keep Your Investors Confident”, Génération INC. (website), November 9, 2012.
- Video capsule. “Convince investors of a bold project”, Génération INC. (website), October 15, 2012.
- Video capsule. “Three Tips for Creating Value in Your SME”, Génération INC. (website), August 9, 2012.
- Video capsule. “Five Tips for Making Better Business Decisions”, Génération INC. (website), July 31, 2012.
- Video capsule. “Ideas for a Great Future: Boosting Creativity in Your SME”, Génération INC. (website), June 4, 2012.
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?