Dedicated, empathetic, passionate.
Caring, devoted, decidedly compassionate and with a good sense of humour, Michael is a pleasure to work with! Very involved in his clients’ affairs, many say his work ethic is nothing short of awesome.
Michael and his team work hand in hand with entrepreneurs who are determined to succeed. He has been providing assurance services, as well as specialized consulting to both public and private companies for over 30 years in Quebec and Ontario, and his diverse entrepreneurial client base gives him extensive experience in the manufacturing, distribution, real estate and retail sectors.
Excellence, results, and honesty are quintessential to Michael’s approach. He is the market leader of the manufacturing and distribution sector and is well-versed in cross-border transactions, enhancing manufacturing processes, obtaining new financing or refinancing existing assets, as well as acquisitions and divestitures.
Michael also takes an active role in advising management on key strategic decisions and assisting them where necessary through implementation. He also advises and assists many manager-owned businesses in the implementation of transitioning to the next generation.
A believer in giving back to his community, Michael provides advice to a number of not-for-profit organizations. He is the Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Goodman Cancer Research Center and leading the fundraising of their 2018 gala. Michael also serves as past President of the Donald Berman Maimonides Geriatric Hospital Foundation and is the chairman of the Foundation’s investment committee; and is on the audit committee of the Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation and the Jewish Community Foundation.
This selflessness reflects a man whose goal-oriented approach to work is driven by a caring, responsive and accessible nature.
Fields of expertise
- Cross border transactions
- Enhancing manufacturing processes
- Obtaining new financing or refinancing existing assets
- Real estate
- Non-profit organizations
- Queen’s Executive Program, 1997
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1987
- B. Com., McGill University, 1985
Professional and community involvement
- Rosalind and Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre
- Chairman of the Advisory Board, since 2018
- Gala fundraising lead, 2018
- Board member, since 2017
- Jewish Community Foundation
- Audit committee member
- Donald Berman Maimonides Geriatric Hospital Foundation:
- Chairman of the Investment Committee, since 2015
- Board member, since 2004
- President, 2014-2015
- First Vice President, 2011-2013
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario (now CPA Ontario)– Member, since 2012
- Montreal Children’s Hospital Foundation:
- Audit committee member, since 2010
- Board member, 2000-2010
- Quoted in the article by Mike Cohen, “Bowling with the Stars will raise funds for Alzheimer Group,”The Suburban, September 2011.
- Quoted in the article by Veronica Redgrave, “Up on the roof at the Children’s Hospital,” The Gazette, October 2004.
- Quoted in the article by Rochelle Lash, “They’re having a ball: Montreal Children’s fundraiser will honour staff, volunteers,” The Gazette, March 2000.
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?