Philip LichtsztralConsultant | CPA auditor Write to Philip Lichtsztral
Focused, dedicated, calm.
An expert in retail and a general fan of fashion, Phil is one of the few people in the firm who can pull off matching baby blue with yellow! Despite his vivacious wardrobe, Phil is very traditional in his work approach. He is loyal, dedicated, and disciplined.
Having developed solid skills in a diverse range of consulting services over the years, Phil provides advice to wholesalers, distributors and retailers. His areas of expertise include corporate reorganizations and restructuring, short- and long-term financing, mergers and acquisitions, open-to-buy and inventory management, retail organization structure and compensation, as well as metrics related to store profitability.
Phil has been with the firm for 40 years. His audit and assurance practice has primarily focused on the retail industry since 1987. He is one of our foremost retail consulting experts, which assists retail management in identifying, analyzing and providing meaningful and practical solutions to the problems arising in today’s highly volatile retail environment.
Proactive, strategic, and responsive, Phil imbues every mandate with a sense of calm efficiency.
Fields of expertise
- Corporate reorganizations and restructuring
- Short- and long-term financing for retailers
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Inventory control and management (open-to-buy)
- Retail organization structure
- Store profitability
- Specialty apparel and footwear
- Hard goods retail
- Branded and private label merchandise
- Retail and real estate
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1979
- Diploma in Public Accountancy, McGill University, 1978
- B. Com., McGill University, 1977
Professional and community involvement
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario – Member
- Retail Council of Canada – Member
- Conseil québécois du commerce de détail – Member
- National Retail Federation (US) – Member
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?