Strategic, pragmatic, good listener.
To ensure your business’ viability and improve its performance, it is essential to be able to rely on an objective analysis of its operational context and specific needs.
An expert advisor recognized by boards of directors, audit committees and senior management, Yves advises his clients on strategic planning, corporate governance, risk management and internal auditing. He is also actively involved in the recommendation implementation, in order to ensure the smooth operation of proposed solutions. Working with his clients, Yves is in a position to install strategies aimed at improving the growth and efficiency of commercial activities.
His background has seen him work for a wide variety of clients including public and private companies of all sizes, along with Crown corporations.
In addition to coaching clients, Yves leads a team of some 25 professionals in the firm’s National Risk, Performance and Technology Advisory Group.
His interpersonal and motivational skills make Yves a professional whose know-how is recognized by both his peers and clients.
Fields of expertise
- Risk management
- Project planning
- Corporate governance
- Information technology
- Internal audit
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), 2012
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), 2012
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA Illinois), 2001
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA Auditor, CA), 1988
- B.A.A., HEC Montréal, 1986
Professional and community involvement
- Richter – Member of the Board of Directors, since 2013
- Institut des auditeurs internes de Montréal (IAIM) – Member of the Board of Directors, since 2009. Chairman of the Governance Committee
- Eulalie-Durocher Foundation – Member of the Board of Directors, 2008-2014
- Réseau HEC Montréal – Member of the Board of Directors, 2005-2008
- Fondation HEC Montréal – Member of the Board of Directors, 2005-2008
- Jeunes Entreprises du Québec – Member of the Board of Directors, 2000-2005
- Speaker. National Conference of the International Institute of Internal Auditors (Innovation and Internal Audit), October 2018
- Speaker.-Passport Programs 2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 from the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Speaker. COSO and COSO ERM internal control framework (2013 to 2018)
- Speaker. Institute of Corporate Directors (Strategic Planning and Risk Management in an Ambiguous World), December 2015
- Speaker. Internal Audit Leaders Forum. Conference on Fraud Risks, December 2012
- Speaker. International Institute of Internal Auditors National Conference, September 2012
- Author. “Five Practices to Foster the Entrepreneurial Spirit”, Génération INC., June 2012
- Conferences on the risk of fraud in collaboration with the IAI Montreal, 2011 and 2012
- Author. “Project Management: Essential Practices”, Génération INC., November 2011
- Author. “Fraudulously yours”, CAmagazine, April 2011
- Quoted in the LETARTE article, Martine, “Risk Management in Times of Crisis – A Capital Affair”, La Presse (Business), September 2009
- Speaker. Enterprise Risk Management (in partnership with IVIM), June 2007
- Author. “The strategic plan in internal auditing”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Validate internal auditing”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Internal Auditing and Sustainable Development: From Concept to Completion”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Unified governance”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Managing Entry Risks – Risk-Based IT Access Management Protects Critical Business Assets” CAmagazine
- Author. “Fraudulously yours”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Business in a time of crisis”, CAmagazine
- Author. “The cloud computing option”, CAmagazine
- Author. “To succeed,” CAmagazine
- Author. “The Application of Multilateral Instruments 52-109”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Business processes on the menu”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Integrating compliance with its operations”, CAmagazine
- Author. “A value-added audit committee”, CAmagazine
- Author. “The Internal Auditor Audited”, CAmagazine
- Author. “10 tips to make you interesting”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Focus on Management Audits”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Updated Audit Standards”, CAmagazine
- Author. “Enterprise Risk Management”, CAmagazine
- Editor. Certification, Internal Audit and Risk Management Section, CAmagazine
Risk Management Advisory
With change happening at an increasing pace, your company must innovate, adapt to better connect to your customers and suppliers, and streamline internal processes to grow with confidence.
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Your company’s worst nightmare: a cyberattack paralyzes servers, puts confidential information and finances at risk, and threatens to compromise client data. How do you overcome it? Better yet, how can you avoid this?
Like it or not, in today’s rapidly shifting marketplace, if a business wants to stay competitive it not only has to “go” digital, it has to “be” digital.
Growth is exciting. But navigating the aspects involved in successful growth – particularly when it happens rapidly – can be one of the most complex challenges a business can face.