INTERNING AT RICHTER
There’s something exciting about the start of a young professional’s journey, where all opportunities are yours to shape and you have the ability to write your own history.
Collaborating with different partners and team members, working on interesting projects and initiatives to develop practical skills, and enjoying some of the firm’s social activities, are among the most appreciated aspects of the Richter internship.
“The recruitment process can be overwhelming for many students. When I went through the process, I remember how welcomed I felt when visiting the Richter office and when meeting Richter representatives.
The Richter Campus Recruitment team was warm and friendly, and I knew right away that if I had the opportunity, I would love to be part of that team.”
– Emily Grostern, former Student Ambassador, Audit team member
Check out our upcoming events.
Always ahead, we strive to offer our interns the best program to help shape their careers. Here is what we offer:
- Clear development plans: we have developed a highly customized program for our interns, which includes an apprenticeship program and multidisciplinary in-house training.
- Diversity of work: we offer rotations to give our students assignments within our various teams, all of which support our business advisory and family office platforms, so that they may experience the different types of work we do daily.
- Structured feedback and personal mentoring: we believe a key part of developing as young professionals is knowing your strengths and using them to develop your skills. With systematic feedback and mentoring, our interns learn from some of the best professionals in the industry.
“Not only did I feel that my audit skills improved during my internship, but I was able to practice my basic accounting skills as well, in a way that isn’t available in classes and lectures at school. I definitely didn’t expect the opportunity to interact with clients and work in client offices would arise so frequently – but this is something that helped me grow tremendously as a professional.”
– Tristen Tamblyn, former Student Ambassador
At Richter, we have two different internships offered to students, summer, and winter sessions.
Always ahead, we strive to offer our interns the best program to help shape their careers and accumulate CPA hours.
The Richter Intern experience consists of:
- Learning activities
- Team building events
- Social gatherings
- Networking opportunities
- Philanthropic initiative
- Buddy program and an intern retreat
- Team project
- Structured feedback
A summer internship is completed during a student’s undergraduate program. Students begin in the audit team and then rotate to other departments. This helps undergrad students gain a frame of reference and get a better concept of firm life. This internship program usually starts in May and finishes at the end of July for a total of twelve (12) weeks.
- Starts in May (12 weeks)
- Starts in May (12 weeks)
A winter CPA internship is considered a permanent position as a junior auditor. Generally, CPA students start their internship in the winter (January) during their first or second semester. Richter provides one month of study leave and then welcomes these interns back to the office after they have written the Common Final Examination (CFE). Richter reimburses interns for their CPA tuition fees once the interns begin at the firm on a permanent basis.
- Starts in January until May (CFE Leave) – interns take a one-month study leave and then return full-time to the firm after writing the CFE
- Starts in September/October (CPA school part time)
When should you watch for application dates and important deadlines?
- Postings appear for CPA internships and summer internships in late August
- We hold a series of informational events and tours each fall
- Interviews begin in September and go into October
- Postings for CPA internships and summer internships appear in January
- Interviews begin in February and go into March
Meet Your Campus Recruiter
Feel free to reach out to our campus recruitment team! They will be happy to answer all your questions regarding campus recruitment. Say hello to our campus team.
Students are a big part of our Richter family.
We’re passionate about helping shape their careers.