Methodical, open, proactive.
Successfully operating a retail or distribution business is a constant challenge for an entrepreneur. For all questions regarding tax issues, acquisition structuring and sales transactions, or to find advice and solutions for process improvement, Alain is a seasoned expert and the perfect choice.
With more than 20 years of Canadian tax experience, he has worked for a range of clients in the retail, manufacturing and distribution sectors. Through strategic analysis, he is able to provide retailers with key information that will help them better understand the factors leading to the success of their businesses and the challenges they face.
His meticulous attention to detail and deep knowledge of due diligence and compliance requirements make Alain an indispensable asset to any firm.
Fields of expertise
- Due diligence in taxation
- Structuring acquisition and sales transactions
- Reorganization and restructuring
- Foreign Tax Structures in Canada and abroad
- Retail business
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Green energy
- Media and entertainment
- Graduate Diploma in Taxation, University of Sherbrooke, 1996
- B. Com., Accounting, University of Quebec in Montreal, 1995
- Tax and Financial Planning Association (FPAA) – Member since 1996
- Canadian Tax Foundation – Member since 1996
- Speaker. “Conquering the Canadian Market. Adopting the right strategy” , Entrepreneurs’ Fair, Paris, 2017
- Speaker. “Update on Corporate Reorganizations”, APFF Annual Meeting, 2016
- Speaker. “The Use of a Trust in the Context of a Sale (Pre-Sale) of a Private Company”, Canadian Tax Foundation, Technical Seminar, 2015
- Speaker. “Protected Income”, Canadian Tax Foundation, Technical Seminar, 2013
- Speaker. “Reorganization involving partnerships”, APFF symposium, 2012
- Speaker. “Taxable Preferred Shares and Reorganization”, APFF Annual Conference, 2008