Funny, witty, creative.
Andrew is intelligent, hard-working, creative, and a pleasure to work with.
This most affable of colleagues, Andrew applies his quick wit, intelligence and smarts to every aspect of his work. He joined the firm in 2001 and is a prominent senior advisor to its Business Valuation, Litigation and Forensic Accounting and Transaction Advisory Services Group’s clientele. Andrew specializes in business and securities valuation and financial litigation. He has provided valuation-related professional services in areas including commercial litigation, mergers and acquisitions, privatizations, taxation, shareholder oppression and appraisal rights, financial reporting, matrimonial proceedings and quantification of damages.
Andrew’s 30 years of experience include the valuation of many privately- and publicly-held companies in a wide variety of industries. He has testified as an expert witness on more than 40 occasions before the Quebec Superior Court, the Tax Court of Canada and private arbitration tribunals.
Fields of expertise
- Business Valuation and Financial Litigation
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Quantification of damages
- Shareholder oppression and appraisal rights
- Matrimonial proceedings
- Certified in Financial Forensics, American Institute of CPAs, 2015
- Accredited Senior Appraiser, American Society of Appraisers, 2005 to 2015
- Chartered Business Valuator, 1993
- CPA, CA, 1992
- Graduate Diploma in accounting, McGill University, 1989
- B.Com., McGill University, 1988
Professional and community involvement
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators – Member, since 1993
- Ordre des CPA du Québec – Member, since 1992
- Lecturer for business valuation and financial litigation seminars held for many different organizations.