With his strong technical skillset, David Leblanc understands the inherent financial and behavioral complexities of high net worth individuals. Knowing that every family’s situation is unique and requires distinction, he ensures that portfolio construction is aligned solely based on the family’s objectives.
David joined Richter Family Office in 2015 where he completed his CFA charter and began the rigorous process of obtaining his CAIA title with its focus on alternative investments. In 2018, he completed the financial planner designation. David is continuously seeking to expand his knowledge, both academically and professionally to help meet his clients’ high expectations. Prior to joining RFO, David worked for a boutique portfolio management firm where he helped affluent families achieve their investment goals.
As a portfolio manager at Richter Family Office, David provides his clients with a comprehensive overview of the investment landscape to give customized insights into their own situations. He is able to recommend and execute solutions to client’s complex investment issues, interpret and understand clients’ goals with ease, and provides superior support to families by leveraging the team’s expertise and Richter’s many resources. His trusted, independent, and objective approach makes him a strategic resource to the families with whom he works.
Fields of expertise
- Asset allocation
- Alternative investments
- Portfolio construction
- Implementation and ongoing oversight of investment portfolio
- Financial Planner (Pl.Fin.), Institut de la planification financière (IQPF), 2018
- CAIA Charterholder, 2016
- CFA Charterholder, 2016
- B.Com – Finance John Molson School of Business – Concordia University, 2012
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chapter Head, CAIA Montreal & Chapter Executive, CAIA Canada – since 2018
- Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF), Portfolio Manager – since 2017
- Junto Montréal, Board Member – since 2015