COVID-19: Our Commitment to our Clients, Community And Team
At Richter, we are taking specific measures to do our part in slowing the rate of transmission of COVID-19.
Richter takes the health and safety of our clients, team members, and community seriously. In response to COVID-19, we wanted to share with you the measures we, as a firm, have taken, to do our part in limiting the spread of the virus and rate of transmission. We have an active Response Committee in place to monitor and advise on the situation as it unfolds.
With the mental and physical health of our clients, team members, guests, vendors and our community in mind, and following recommendations established by our governments and the World Health Organization, we wanted to share with you the following precautionary measures Richter has taken to date:
– While our office spaces remain in both Toronto and Montreal, we are encouraging the majority of our team members to work from home.
- We already have in place a remote work policy, so our infrastructure is set up for our team to work from home en mass, to continue business as usual
- Meeting remotely is available to anyone at Richter, via Skype, videoconferencing or phone calls
– Our Premises team in both offices always like to keep it clean, but have also increased the frequency of cleaning commonly used surfaces, like door handles, tables, meeting rooms and coffee machines; and hand sanitizers and wipes are available for our team members
– We have cancelled all large events and activities that were to be held at Richter over the next 30 days.
– We are limiting non-essential business travel and refraining from travel between our Montreal and Toronto offices for the next 30 days.
Before visiting our offices we encourage everyone to advise your Richter partner/contact if:
– You are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms; if so, we will arrange your visit for another time, or hold the meeting by phone or video
– You have travelled outside of Canada recently, as current government recommendations stipulate that people should remain at home for a mandatory 14 days of self-quarantine, even if asymptomatic, upon their return.
While normally, we look forward to greeting you warmly with a handshake, for the time being, we encourage our team and everyone to follow best practices: don’t shake hands, wash your hands thoroughly and often, carry hand sanitizer, and limit touching your face, as much as possible.
We will continue to monitor the situation and remain focused on providing you with the excellence in care and client service that is expected from everyone at Richter. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in this endeavour, and our partners welcome any questions you might have at this time.