Alon Wexler is a partner with more than 15 years of experience specializing in business valuation and transaction advisory services. Prior to that, he worked in Richter’s Audit and Assurance division. He is acutely sensitive to the key value drivers that make each business successful and this is just one of the many reasons why he is such a sought after advisor.
Alon performs valuation mandates, including the preparation of valuations for shareholder buyouts, financial reporting (including the valuation of intangible assets, purchase price allocations and impairment testing) and formal valuations in connection with the privatization of public entities (in accordance with the Ontario Securities Commission Multilateral Instrument 61-101) as well as fairness opinions.
Alon advises clients in divestiture and recapitalization transactions. These include both internal succession planning and/or the introduction of external investors and buyers. He provides strategic advisory services ranging from independent valuations to identification of investors, developing marketing documents and managing the flow of confidential information and dialogue with investors, Alon helps his clients achieve their objectives through comprehensive assessments and managing buyer and seller expectations.
This consummate professional goes all-out to thoroughly understand and help his clients achieve their goals.
Fields of expertise
- Business Valuations
- Corporate Planning
- Fairness Opinions
- Succession planning
- Transaction Advisory Services
- Consumer products
- Food services
- Healthcare services and products
- B. Com., McGill University, 1998 (Distinction)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 2001
- Chartered Business Valuator (CBV), 2004
Professional and community involvement
- Hebrew Foundation School – Member of the Board of trustees, since 2015
- Agence Ometz – Member of the Board of directors, since 2013
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators (CICBV) – Member, since 2004
- Ordre des CPA du Québec – Member, since 2001
- Speaker. “Basics of Valuation”, Canadian Tax Foundation (CTF), October 2017
- Frequent lecturer for the Ordre des CPA du Québec for business valuation and corporate finance courses, since 2011
Transaction Advisory Services
Considerations around transactions – buying, selling, expanding or restructuring – are major considerations, and oftentimes more questions arise after making your initiative decision to buy (or sell, or expand, or restructure…)
How much is your business worth? At what price could it be sold? What percentage should you give up to bring in new investors? Is the purchase worth the price tag?
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?