Honest, devoted, dedicated.
Hard working, passionate and very thorough, practicing tax since 1992. Over the years, he’s dealt with a diverse clientele, which includes owner-managed businesses and their shareholders, high net worth individuals and their corporations, foreign entities operating in Canada, as well as Canadian entities operating in foreign jurisdictions, in various industry sectors.
Lorne enjoys a close relationship with his clients and is never satisfied with the conventional wisdom approach to tax matters. He develops innovative, custom-made solutions.
Committed to the success of his clients, he involves himself with all aspects of their tax and accounting matters to ensure that all opportunities are used to their full advantage.
Fields of expertise
- Owner-managed businesses and their shareholders
- High net worth individuals and their corporations
- Foreign entities operating in Canada
- Canadian entities operating in foreign jurisdictions
- Real Estate
- Chartered Professional Accountant, 1993
- B. Com. in Accounting, McGill University, 1990
- Finished 2nd Place in the McGill Chartered Accountancy program
- Lecturer. At various conferences: the Annual Canadian Tax Foundation Conference, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), the Quebec CPA Order and at the Bloomberg BNA’s Annual Canada-U.S. Cross-Border Tax Update Conference.
Life is full of uncertainties. Taxes don’t have to be one of them. Inadequate tax planning or improper handling of tax issues can result in major financial consequences and restrict your company’s growth.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?