Creative, driven, personalized approach.
Massimo is best described as being ‘high energy’. There is never a lack of ideas when he is around and nothing can box-in his reflex to think differently.
With close to 20 years’ experience, Massimo is an expert advisor in business strategy, risk management, governance, CFO advisory and internal audit. Massimo also manages the cybersecurity team of the firm. He distinguishes himself by his insightful ability to understand the critical and strategic issues that top executives face. He serves a corporate clientele that mainly includes large companies, public companies and Crown corporations operating in a variety of industries.
Massimo leads various discussion forums on an ongoing-basis with C-suite members on innovation and integration of best practices and reference frameworks, and is often called upon to provide training and facilitate workshops for board and executive committee members.
Massimo’s success is based on professional values that combine thoroughness, discipline and meaningful preparation with an insuppressibly active imagination. Creative and ambitious, yet easy-going, approchable, and supportive, this ‘outside-of-the-box’ thinker delivers exceptional work while motivating everyone around him with his enthusiasm for engaging in new ideas.
Massimo chairs the Finance and Administration Committee of the firm.
Fields of expertise
- Business and operational risk management
- Strategic planning
- CFO advisory
- Internal audit and compliance advisory
- Cybersecurity and information technology advisory
- Financial Program compliance (52-109 and SOX)
- Corporate governance
- Fraud and ethical risk management
- Business process optimization
- Harvard Business School- Risk Management for Corporate Leaders, 2014
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA), 2012
- RSM Academy (RSM International Center of Excellence), 2012
- McGill Leadership Program, McGill Executive Institute, 2010
- CPA, CA, 2003
- Graduate diploma in public accountancy, HEC Montréal, 2000
- B.B.A., HEC Montréal, 1997
Professional and community involvement
- Institute of Internal Auditors – Member
- Association for Operations Management (APICS) – Member
- Author. “Structured Risk Management Has its Benefits for Companies in the Real Estate Sector,” Espace Montréal magazine, 2014.
- Author. “Planning, a must – In today’s corporate environment, developing a strategic plan for the internal audit function is crucial,” CAmagazine, January 2013.
- Author. “Gestion de projets : pratiques incontournables,”Génération INC., November 2011.
- Author. “Role reversal,” CAmagazine.
- Author. “Optimizing internal audit,” CAmagazine.
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Risk Management Advisory
With change happening at an increasing pace, your company must innovate, adapt to better connect to your customers and suppliers, and streamline internal processes to grow with confidence.
Your company’s worst nightmare: a cyberattack paralyzes servers, puts confidential information and finances at risk, and threatens to compromise client data. How do you overcome it? Better yet, how can you avoid this?
Like it or not, in today’s rapidly shifting marketplace, if a business wants to stay competitive it not only has to “go” digital, it has to “be” digital.
Growth is exciting. But navigating the aspects involved in successful growth – particularly when it happens rapidly – can be one of the most complex challenges a business can face.