Collaborative, engaging, present.
Mitch isn’t a stereotypical, introverted accountant. His energy is contagious, his strategic thinking is inspiring, and his flair for public speaking has made him a sought-after presenter on a variety of business enhancement and tax strategies. Clients respect him for his commitment to proactive communication and for always being available when they need him. At the same time, he continuously challenges the status quo with his signature collaborative approach.
For over 25 years, entrepreneurial clients have benefited from Mitch’s ability to bring clarity to business strategy and tax planning challenges while adding value to their corporate entities and families. Mitch specializes in advising privately-owned, entrepreneurial mid-market companies. He identifies opportunities and advises his clients on business expansion, financing and corporate structuring strategies.
Mitch’s approach is very back-to-basics, focusing with his clients on profitability, cash flow, asset protection and tax minimization – always with the eye of moving a company towards enhancing its value for future potential sale or succession.
Fields of expertise
- Accounting and assurance
- Business and exit strategy consulting
- Strategic tax planning
- Asset protection
- Supply Chain Transportation
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1985
- B.A., Economics, York University, 1980
Professional and community involvement
- Canadian Manufacturers and Exporters – Member, Taxation Committee, since 2012
- Supply Chain Professionals Industry Networking (SPIN) Group – Founding member, since 2012
- Platinum Business Networking Group – Founding member, since 2011
- TEC (The Executive Committee) Canada – Trusted advisor, since 2006
- Interviewed on companies’ foreign exchange moves by Mike Eppel, 680 News, 2016
- Quoted in “Is Your Business in Growth Mode? You might need tax help,” The Globe and Mail, 2015
- Speaker. CME Go Global Conference, 2014
- Speaker. MedTech Conference, 2014
- Author. “The Pitfalls of Crowdfunding,” Profit Magazine, 2014
- Speaker. “Business Fix,” Rogers TV, 2013
- Author. “The Hidden Tax in Crowdfunding Campaigns,” Toronto Star, 2013
- Speaker. “Taming the Tax Beast,” CAFE Family Business Forum, 2012
- Facilitator. Online Q&A Discussion, The Globe and Mail, 2012
- Quoted in “Don’t raise a red flag for tax auditors,” The Globe & Mail online, 2012
- Quoted in “Cash flow is king,” The Globe & Mail online, 2011
- Quoted in “Three things,” The Globe & Mail online, 2011
- Strategic tax seminar facilitator for CEOs and business owners, 2004