Engaging, reliable, decisive.
Known for his engaging personality, George is adamant about building genuine connections with colleagues and clients. Since joining Richter in 2011, he has established himself as a trusted advisor to his clients.
Using taxation as his foundation, George accompanies families through the challenges of entrepreneurship. He supports them in the decision-making process as it relates to the various facets of their business and guides them through introspective endeavours, such as estate planning and business transition.
George is also intricately involved in providing financial literacy to the future generation of entrepreneurs through Richter’s Financial Literacy Program.
Fields of expertise
- Family business advisor
- Tax and estate planning
- Conflict resolution
- Financial literacy
- Real estate
- Food industry
- Health care
- Graduate diploma in Taxation, HEC Montréal, 2011
- Member of the Québec Bar, 2009
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, 2008
- Quoted in “Consider it a gift to your family: Using a trust in your will means no surprises later”, Canadian Family Offices, August 2021
- Author. “The Art of the Deal: Buyer Beware! Recent Changes Announced to the Principal Residence Exemption and Extended Governmental Audit Power for Unreported Real Estate Sales”, Espace Montréal, October 2016
- Author. “Développements récents en matière de province de résidence d’une fiducie canadienne”, APFF Stratège, March 2016
- Quoted in “Who should oversee your estate when you’re gone? It’s tricky”, Canadian Family Offices, February 2022
Life is full of uncertainties. Taxes don’t have to be one of them. Inadequate tax planning or improper handling of tax issues can result in major financial consequences and restrict your company’s growth.
Estate and Tax Planning to Protect your Legacy
Integrating your tax structuring is crucial for all ultra-high-net-worth families. This includes will planning, the use of trust, estate planning, and investment structure optimization — all of which maximizes tax efficiencies and minimizes the burden on you and the next generations.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?
Navigating Family Dynamics – Governance
With great wealth comes great responsibilities towards the community, family members and generations to follow. Developing clear governance systems ensures family harmony and, ultimately, intergenerational success.
Preparing Your Next Generation – Financial Literacy Program
Richter’s Financial Literacy program is a customizable way to educate family members around key areas of family wealth and business management.