Diligent, sociable, practical.
With a personality as big as his name is long, John Charalampopoulos’ Greek roots are evident not just by his namesake but by his diligence, sociable and practical nature.
When it comes to supporting his business owner clients – helping them tackle the tough issues and seize opportunities – John is second-to-none. With decades of experience, John has the keen ability to look at situations from the perspective of the entrepreneur – as if the business was his own. Through this lens, combined with his industry expertise, he evaluates his clients’ realities, potential, and desired outcomes to offer practical, highly-personalized advice.
John has extensive experience advising a wide range of entrepreneurial clients. Providing substantial technical and leadership skills, John delivers results-oriented advice on business strategies and important day-to-day decisions. He takes real pleasure in working with entrepreneurs and enjoys helping manage the growth and future of their companies.
John has built and led a practice focused on the food and beverage manufacturing and processing industry. He fully understands the challenges and opportunities facing this rapidly evolving industry.
In addition to his mandates in the private and public sectors, John works for numerous clients in the not-for-profit area, including charities and foundations. He sits on the audit committee of a healthcare organization and is President and Chair of the Board of the Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal. Whether for his clients or charitable causes, John is a man who is truly committed to helping better his community.
Fields of expertise
- Business advisory
- Public and private companies, and not-for-profit organizations
- Food and Beverage
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1997
- Graduate Diploma in Accountancy, Concordia University, 1995
- B.Com., Concordia University, 1994
Professional and Community Involvement
- Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal – President, since 2016
- Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal – Member pf the Board of Directors, 2016-2017
- Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal – Member of the Board of Directors, since 2012
- Hellenic Board of Trade of Metropolitan Montreal – Member of the Executive Committee, since 2013
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario – Member, since 2011
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?