Diligent, devoted, service-oriented.
As an entrepreneur, your responsibilities are numerous and your time is limited. While you’re busy focusing on running your business, you need to be confident that your financial consulting partner is someone you can trust to help lighten the load, and do so with absolute honesty and integrity.
With over 25 years of experience, Jordan takes pride in forging close relationships with his clients that are rooted first and foremost in trust, respect and understanding. His innate ability to put people at ease, ask the right questions, listen attentively, assess a situation and see the big picture makes him an invaluable partner to those with whom he works.
Specializing in accounting and auditing services, consulting for tax issues, and succession planning for family-owned and mid-sized enterprises, Jordan’s level-headed and calm approach make him a dependable ally who addresses every situation with diplomacy and fairness.
Jordan is also one of Richter’s retail advisory experts, and assists retailers in identifying and analyzing the issues affecting today’s volatile retail environment, and helps them to craft practical solutions.
Fields of expertise
- Accounting and assurance
- Succession/transition planning
- Strategic tax planning
- Business consulting
- Real estate
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), 1989
- Chartered Professional Accountant of Canada (CPA Canada), 1989
- B.B.A, Accounting, York University, 1987
Professional and community involvement
- Temple Sinai, Toronto – Member of the Board of Directors, since 2016
- Retail Council of Canada – Member, since 2013
- National Retail Federation (US) – Member, since 2013
- TEC (The Executive Committee) Canada – Trusted Advisor, since 2008
- Speaker. “Expecting the Unexpected” seminar presented at the CPA Canada’s National Conference for Business Transitions. November 2014.
- Speaker. Succession and tax planning seminars for various chapters of The Executive Committee. November 2013.
- Author. “What’s in Your Holding Company?”, Canadian Capital Magazine. December 2012.
- Quoted in article by Rick Spence, “Tsunami warning of business sell-offs,”Profit Magazine. October 2012.
- Author. “Ensure Business Owners Plan Ahead,” Advisor.ca. August 2012.
- Author. “Plan Business Exit Early to Get the Most Value,” The Globe and Mail. September 2011.
- Speaker. “Preparing Your Business for Sale” interview, Highview Radio. August 2011.
- Facilitator. “Heading for the Exit” break-out session at Business Innovation in Changing Times N6 conference. January 2011.
- Facilitator. “Heading for the Exit” webinar at the Ontario General Contractors Association. January 2011.
Audit and Assurance Services
To know where you’re going, it’s important to know where you’ve been. Audits and professional assurance services gives you a clear picture of your business’s current performance.
Transition and Succession Planning
For business owners, the business itself is the ultimate investment. It’s often all in, and the way to retire happily ever after. But what if “ever after” comes before you’re happily prepared?